TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

View Poll Results: What is the most embarassing loss ever for the football program?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Troy 1992

3 5.08%
  • West Georgia 1994

9 15.25%
  • Central Connecticut State 2006

8 13.56%
  • Georgia State 2015

37 62.71%
  • Other

2 3.39%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most embarassing loss ever

Default Most embarassing loss ever

Sorry, I had to do it. We had the biggest heart-breakers ever, now it's time to take a look at the most embarrassing losses.

My rankings:

1. Troy 1992
    2. That awful game in 2015
    3. Central Connecticut State 2006
    4. West Georgia 1994

Those are the big 4, and after that there's a dropoff

5. UMass 2017
    6. New Hampshire 2017
    7. South Dakota State 2009
    8. Samford 2009
    9. The Citadel 2003
    10. Samford 2008
    11. McNeese State 2003
    12. App 2009
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Default Re: Most embarassing loss ever

West Georgia was DII. As bad as that State loss was, it was to a conference mate. Also we could have won the game had we kicked the FG, but it should obviously never have been that close. Wasn't that the first game under the lights? Or was that Troy don't call me State? UNH can 100% be blamed on the inept coaching staff that should have been fired after 1 season. I don't put that on the team or players or water boy. Sadly the completely dominated us that day, but again goes back to the coaching staff and the team morale.
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 11th July 2019 at 09:47 AM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Losing to gag in Paulson in 2015 hands down is the most embarassing. Worst home loss ever, to a program that honestly didnt even deserve to be on the same field as us, and they whooped our fannies up and down the field. It was definitely made worse by all the trash talk we had given their fanbase in the years leading up to it, and after the Paulson North banner nonsense that had gone down the year before.

In my opinion, we've had a number of bad losses, but nothing comes close to that one.

for me the UMass FCS game. I pumped us up to 8 buddies of mine, telling them to watch on National TV, just bugging the crap out of them, BRAGGING how great GS was etc...... Well the week after when I called those buddies up in New York, they all said, "Don't ever do that again, yah, right, GS". So for me personally, that was the most embarrassing loss.

Most embarrassing loss? 2015 game was the worst, no doubt, but 2018 ULM deserves a LOT of consideration. Win that game and we're in the championship game against Troy with a butt load of revenge brewing. Instead we were mud stomped after being heavily favored.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Most embarrassing loss? 2015 game was the worst, no doubt, but 2018 ULM deserves a LOT of consideration. Win that game and we're in the championship game against Troy with a butt load of revenge brewing. Instead we were mud stomped after being heavily favored.
    Actually, all we had to do was beat Troy to be in the championship game. The game to ULM did not matter for the conference race, assuming we then beat Gast and Coastal.

It mattered cause we had a strong chance to get ranked if we kept winning, but losing ULM didn't cost us the conference.

87 App State needs to be on there. We were the better team with our speed but we were shut out on that damn ice cube.
    Also 2001 Furman playoff game. PJ's and AP's last game, and we let those bastidges come back and win.
    And don't forget Central Arkansas state in 06

Gag is the worst to me simply because at the time we were a good team and they weren't; yet they skull drug us on our own field. Getting whipped when you inhale vigorously like 06/09/17 is not surprising. It's also not embarrassing for a good team like App or Furman to get the best of you. 2015 Gag was inexcusable.

I left after our turnover in the fourth quarter, but 2008 at WCU was probably the most embarrassing loss I’ve seen.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Actually, all we had to do was beat Troy to be in the championship game. The game to ULM did not matter for the conference race, assuming we then beat Gast and Coastal.

It mattered cause we had a strong chance to get ranked if we kept winning, but losing ULM didn't cost us the conference.
    We really wouldn't have been ranked though. That was the last week of the AP being the "official" ranking, and there was no way the CFP was going to put in an 8-1 Sun Belt team.