TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GS vs UGA

Default Re: GS vs UGA

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    You guys are seriously going to play into his game?
    He's that delusional and his hate is making him blind.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I'll believe UGA to be any better than a mid-level SEC team when I see it. That doesn't mean I think we should win, though. I just hope we don't drop off to much this year.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

I think the last time UG had something that resembled elite talent we lost in the last second to them but this GS team has no Sleepy Hightower either.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    I think the last time UG had something that resembled elite talent we lost in the last second to them but this GS team has no Sleepy Hightower either.
    That was against the group I described earlier in this thread. That group- minus Dominique Wilkins- beat UNC with Michael Jordan & Sam Perkins and made the Final Four in 1983.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I'll believe UGA to be any better than a mid-level SEC team when I see it. That doesn't mean I think we should win, though. I just hope we don't drop off to much this year.
    They will be improved over their usual debacle of a team, but I don't think they will be that great either. Only one of those signees is going to come in NBA ready. The others are all going to play like freshmen at times. I think the best they will be is like LSU was with Ben Simmons...maybe good enough to grab a tournament spot, but not going anywhere if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    They will be improved over their usual debacle of a team, but I don't think they will be that great either. Only one of those signees is going to come in NBA ready. The others are all going to play like freshmen at times. I think the best they will be is like LSU was with Ben Simmons...maybe good enough to grab a tournament spot, but not going anywhere if they do.

I would agree with that assessment. They really needed Claxton to not be an idiot and enter the NBA draft. If he would have come back I would say that are a sweet 16 team. I think they will be a tournament team next year but they are still set up more for 2-3 years from now.

It’s not going to be a game that we “should” win but it should be a game we are capable of winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Trust me, if those players were truly elite, they wouldn’t be signing with thUGA. Ike will be back this year. No reason to lose to them.
    I get your point... UGA is typically horrible at basketball, and only manages a decent team about once a decade. Unfortunately, I think this is one of those times. But I think we can hang if Ike is truly back. They will be young with little experience.