TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Parking Changes on Football Game Day Announced

1. Default Re: Parking Changes on Football Game Day Announced

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    It's actually cheaper to park at the RAC now.

Used to require a donation plus they only sold passes for the season, no single game passes.

Now it's cheaper there, plus the PAC got RV spots, plus the PAC now has access to an actual bathroom instead of Port A Potties. I don't see a problem here.

I gladly pay $1700 to park in the stadium. I won't cry for their $60.
    I doubt many on the paulson RV waiting list will move to the PAC.

Default Re: Parking Changes on Football Game Day Announced

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    Parking in my driveway is free, $0.00 gas expense, I don't get home at 2 am, and I can watch every other ballgame on TV that day. Also, no sweaty cups in my house with AC.

And before anyone jumps my ***, I fully get it and understand. Just won't make sense for some of to keep trying to attend in person for an entire season. 1 or 2 games sure, but not all. Part of the growing process.

Quote Originally Posted by gsu01 View Post
    I doubt many on the paulson RV waiting list will move to the PAC.
    Well the option would be RV spot or no RV spot.

You can still be on the Paulson waiting list I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    $10 per car. They aren't getting charged any extra for where they actually tailgate on the grass.

They'll also get access to the PAC for bathrooms, cause I think they used to rent a port a potty too (could be wrong on that) which means they may break even money wise.

$60 for 6 games is nothing. I don't get what the problem is. I pay much more to park in the stadium lot...but that's what I want for myself so I make it happen. It also costs a lot more to park there than it did when I first started. I pay it every year though cause I like it.
    While we haven’t said anything about this publicly yet, we are not complaining about $60/season. We pay 2.5 times that per game for a porta potty.

The details are much more complicated than that and we are working through this internally, with other tailgate groups around us, and with GSU before we collectively decide what to do.

At face value, $60/season is the best deal around. There are other details and prices at play here, which we will discuss once we make some progress on all of this. The issues have nothing to do with the $60 for the lower PAC parking or the $450 at the top by GATA Row.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEagleWay View Post
    I'm absolutely serious. Having to travel 3+ hours one way was difficult enough. I've made concessions each year to continue supporting the team in person each week. We moved from the Paulson lot to the PAC and that was great. Now that lot becomes a pay lot. I'm not complaining about the changes as I completely understand growing and that change is necessary. But there is a tipping point for each person and this one is it for me. I'll enjoy my total weekend more instead of 6+ hours of driving, getting home at 2 am or coughing up $300+ for a hotel because they all require a 2 might minimum, and I'll get to actually watch several games instead of just ours and those I hear on the radio... not to mention the money I'll save on gas, food, etc. I'll get to 1 or 2 games, sure but that's about it. It is what it is. That said, I do support this move and know that my 1 vehicle won't make any difference in the grand scheme.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

I'm absolutely serious. Having to travel 3+ hours one way was difficult enough. I've made concessions each year to continue supporting the team in person each week. We moved from the Paulson lot to the PAC and that was great. Now that lot becomes a pay lot. I'm not complaining about the changes as I completely understand growing and that change is necessary. But there is a tipping point for each person and this one is it for me. I'll enjoy my total weekend more instead of 6+ hours of driving, getting home at 2 am or coughing up $300+ for a hotel because they all require a 2 might minimum, and I'll get to actually watch several games instead of just ours and those I hear on the radio... not to mention the money I'll save on gas, food, etc. I'll get to 1 or 2 games, sure but that's about it. It is what it is. That said, I do support this move and know that my 1 vehicle won't make any difference in the grand scheme.
    Yeah, I will say that is the one tough thing about trying to go to the games, and not living close by. I also like to watch some of the other games. Granted, we're only an hour and a bit away, so it's much easier than your drive.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

is there nothing in your budget that you buy that you can't not buy a few times a year, and save that $60 over the course of the year?

You drink beer? Maybe 1 less 12 pack every other month? You'd rather not support your team than give up $60 in discretionary spending over the course of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    is there nothing in your budget that you buy that you can't not buy a few times a year, and save that $60 over the course of the year?

You drink beer? Maybe 1 less 12 pack every other month? You'd rather not support your team than give up $60 in discretionary spending over the course of the year?
    I don't think the $60 is really the point. I'm confident Pike is smart enough to manage his money. I doubt anyone is going to drop attendance just because parking costs went up a little.

I'm waiting on the day when mine goes up, from the current $600+$120. I know it's coming.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Hey look everybody it's the annual Pike post about how he has to drive far and get home late or pay money so he's done. Isn't this like the 3rd offseason in a row you've reached your "tipping point"?
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post

I think you may have missed his point. He isn't saying this monetary increase is the reason he's deciding not to come to all six home games. It's the culmination of everything (travel time, hotel cost, food, beverage, gas, etc) that makes it a pretty costly trip if you live that far away. Now take that dollar amount (whatever it ends up being) and multiply it by 6...that can be pretty hefty. And IMO, what anyone does with his or her discretionary spending is his or her own business (not saying you were trying to tell him how to spend).
    Cameron Smith
    GS Student 2007-2011
    GS Fanatic 2007-the end of time