TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: App’s Schedule.....

1. Default App’s Schedule.....

I’m curious.....

How did App get such an easy schedule this season?

They don’t seem to play anyone tough from the west...

They seem almost guaranteed to win the east, even if they have a slack year....

How did they get away without playing Ark State-or anyone dangerous from the west??

Default Re: App’s Schedule.....

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I’m curious.....

How did App get such an easy schedule this season?

They don’t seem to play anyone tough from the west...

They seem almost guaranteed to win the east, even if they have a slack year....

How did they get away without playing Ark State-or anyone dangerous from the west??
    Luck of the draw. We will get a draw like that one year too. We rotate who we play in the west.

Did you look at the wrong schedule? They play at UL on a Wednesday night Oct 9th. They also have at Troy on a Friday night just 6 days after playing Texas State at home. Texas State will be a good SB team this year. They have a lot back from an excellent defense. That is not an easy schedule. Throw in at UNC and at USC. Their schedule actually sets them up for a potential New Years 6 bowl if they pick off one of the power 5s and run the table. They also have ULM for homecoming. Have fun with that! Troy probably has a more favorable schedule but they do have UL and TSU away back to back and then come home on short week to play App. Probably Ark State has the “easiest” schedule in the SB as they have UL and TSU and us at home. Their tough away game is Troy but they start out with SMU, UNLV and UGA as first 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Did you look at the wrong schedule? They play at UL on a Wednesday night Oct 9th. They also have at Troy on a Friday night just 6 days after playing Texas State at home. Texas State will be a good SB team this year. They have a lot back from an excellent defense. That is not an easy schedule. Throw in at UNC and at USC. Their schedule actually sets them up for a potential New Years 6 bowl if they pick off one of the power 5s and run the table. They also have ULM for homecoming. Have fun with that! Troy probably has a more favorable schedule but they do have UL and TSU away back to back and then come home on short week to play App. Probably Ark State has the “easiest” schedule in the SB as they have UL and TSU and us at home. Their tough away game is Troy but they start out with SMU, UNLV and UGA as first 3 games.
    I'd trade conference schedules with App (meaning getting App at home, moving ULL and State on the road, and trading @Ark State for Texas State at home) in a second. I think you're forgetting that Wednesday games aren't nearly as bad as Thursday games because you've got 11 days between games instead of 5.

The conference has done a crappy job of making sure the conference schedules are balanced, and I know people will say we have benefited from that but not like App. They're skipping Ark State for the third time and 2017 they got a huge break skipping both Troy and Ark State. If we play UL and Ark State in 2014 we're co-champs at worst (because of how awful Ark State's run defense was) but that schedule basically gave App their second Sun Belt Championship.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

5. Default Re: App’s Schedule.....

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I'd trade conference schedules with App (meaning getting App at home, moving ULL and State on the road, and trading @Ark State for Texas State at home) in a second. I think you're forgetting that Wednesday games aren't nearly as bad as Thursday games because you've got 11 days between games instead of 5.

The conference has done a crappy job of making sure the conference schedules are balanced, and I know people will say we have benefited from that but not like App. They're skipping Ark State for the third time and 2017 they got a huge break skipping both Troy and Ark State. If we play UL and Ark State in 2014 we're co-champs at worst (because of how awful Ark State's run defense was) but that schedule basically gave App their second Sun Belt Championship.
    That’s what I’m thinking.

App sure seems to always get off easy-in conference..... Definitely easier than we ever do.

I like FBS a lot more than I expected, but I hope we find our way to a better conference one day.

I definitely don’t think the SB ever has treated us with any fairness. From scheduling to officiating, they always seem to hand us adversity.

I would definitely love to be in a different conference from Gag. Those guys really, really get the red carpet treatment in every respect. Just look at the officiating of our games vs Gag.... Truly disgusting

6. Default Re: App’s Schedule.....

Our toughest P5 is LSU, there’s is South Carolina. No argument as to who the better team is. Our easiest P5 is Minnesota while theirs is UNC, who was one of the worst P5’s in the country last year. Our G5 OOC matchups are definitely a wash, given we play NMSU while they play Charlotte.

Their FCS matchup is against ETSU, who lost in the first round of the playoffs, while we play Maine who made it to the semis and have been given a preseason ranking by Athlon of #6.

In conference, let’s look at the top 5 teams last year. App, Troy, Southern, ULL, and Ark State. App doesn’t have to face Ark State, and gets Southern on at home with ULL and Troy on the road. Southern has to play all 4, with 3/4 on the road.

So in comparison to Southern, App definitely has the easier schedule in all facets except for the lone G5 OOC matchup.

I'm wondering who you think is dangerous from the west.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I'm wondering who you think is dangerous from the west.
    This...Ark State has coaching issues. UL and ULM and TSU are going to be better in the West IMO. This is what preseason is for because we really won’t know until after week 3 who the better teams will be. UL has an excellent coaching staff, great recruiting class and really good facilities. Watch out for Napier and company. He loves beating up on GS because of his FU days. Season is coming quick.

9. Default Re: App’s Schedule.....

Next season is our turn, we have App and Troy at home and no stAte. It’s just the way the schedules rotate. I mean, we didn’t have to play two of best the programs (arguably) in the SB the first 2 years in the conference

This...Ark State has coaching issues. UL and ULM and TSU are going to be better in the West IMO. This is what preseason is for because we really won’t know until after week 3 who the better teams will be. UL has an excellent coaching staff, great recruiting class and really good facilities. Watch out for Napier and company. He loves beating up on GS because of his FU days. Season is coming quick.
    ....And they lost seven games. Including getting boatraced in their bowl game by something very similar to our offense.

I'm not sold on ULL at all.

What would really help would be if a lot of teams didn't play their best game of the year against us like stAte and ULM did last year. stAte had less penalties than us when they were one of the most penalized teams in the country and uncharacteristically didn't have a lot of drops by the WRs. Fast forward to the next week and they couldn't buy a completion against App, even when balls were hitting their guys in the hands. ULM was not a good team last year, but played out of their minds against us...and if we didn't have the injury issues in the middle of the defense last year I'm not sure it would have mattered anyway.

Plus, 3 trips across the Mississippi in 4 weeks was hell on the team, no matter what anyone says. I could tell in pregame against ULM that they were just dead at that point.