Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Join in the lsu discussion

Default Join in the lsu discussion

Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

2. Default Re: Join in the lsu discussion

I’d love to see us go against them like Army did against Okla last season.

Except come out with a W.

It’s definitely possible!

(Anything is possible with this team! Let them bayou kittens sleep on us. Let them sleep.)

Default Re: Join in the lsu discussion

A lot of focus on our offense in that thread. Our defense can play a little ball too.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Here's a question: If you could have 1 Power 5 win 2014-2016 but had to change all of the other games to blowouts (at least 25-point losses) would you do that? I honestly wouldn't. I honestly think we've earned more respect than we would with some one-off big Power 5 win.
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I assume you are talking just P5 games. If so the answer is without a doubt I would do it. How many people outside of the Ga Southern fan base even remember we played NCST in 2014? How many outside of Ga Southern and GT fans know we played in 2014? I would gladly trade blowout losses in those two games for a win over UGA. Because win that game and a whole hell of a lot more people that would know about that game.
    You can see that LSU fans have taken notice of what we've done (and they even bring up the "poop through a tin horn" game) and none of them are going to bring up us being 0-9 against P5s since moving up to FBS. These guys obviously don't see it as a scary game and shouldn't but they have some respect for sure.

BTW, I could've sworn I checked LSU's schedule and that they didn't have a big game in week 2 but obviously I didn't. I was thinking this could be a repeat of WVU (who had Liberty in week 2 in 2015) but not now. The main thing that could work against us is the changes Steve Ensminger is apparently making to their offense. Hopefully they'll save a lot of the RPO stuff for Texas and their offense against us will look a lot like what it did last season.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 30th June 2019 at 09:34 AM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

5. Default Re: Join in the lsu discussion

Ugh, it’s depressing seeing multiple LSU fans on that site that are GS grads, SMFH.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    A lot of focus on our offense in that thread. Our defense can play a little ball too.
    They key to even having a chance to beat LSU is somehow stopping the run and forcing Joe Burrow to have to throw the ball into our secondary. I don't find it very likely it will be easy for us to score. I don't think it will be as bad as it was against Clemson, but I just don't see us moving the ball very easily. It will be up to the defense to force LSU in to 3rd and longs and let Brinson, Vildor and Birdsong do their thing. If that doesn't happen, it gets ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    They key to even having a chance to beat LSU is somehow stopping the run and forcing Joe Burrow to have to throw the ball into our secondary. I don't find it very likely it will be easy for us to score. I don't think it will be as bad as it was against Clemson, but I just don't see us moving the ball very easily. It will be up to the defense to force LSU in to 3rd and longs and let Brinson, Vildor and Birdsong do their thing. If that doesn't happen, it gets ugly.
    I agree. It will be difficult to sustain long drives against these guys. We need to pop a couple of big plays, maybe have our defense give us a couple of turnovers for short fields. We can compete regardless, but to pull off an upset, you need things to go your way. You can't make mistakes, give up big plays, special teams errors, etc.

They were offensively challenged last year. Who knows if that will be the case this year with a new system, but if so, that's usually the type of games where we can find ourselves hanging around late with a chance to steal one.

8. Default Re: Join in the lsu discussion

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I’d love to see us go against them like Army did against Okla last season.

Except come out with a W.

It’s definitely possible!

(Anything is possible with this team! Let them bayou kittens sleep on us. Let them sleep.)

I wish we ran Army's offense, the one that used to be our offense.

Kinda funny those guys talking about how hot the dark unis are going to be. Are Eagles wearing home jerseys down there for some reason?
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    I wish we ran Army's offense, the one that used to be our offense.

Kinda funny those guys talking about how hot the dark unis are going to be. Are Eagles wearing home jerseys down there for some reason?

LSU almost always wears white at home.

That was funny to read though. Like our players won’t be used to hot weather and being in dark jerseys is going to affect anything. If it really had an affect don’t you think every team in the south would wear white at home?
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

What’s the game time?
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops