TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Problen with the 2019 nay sayers predicting 6-6

Default Re: The Problen with the 2019 nay sayers predicting 6-6

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Thanks Half & Half

Well then please tell me what we are running and if you know of any books or sites I can buy or visit to help me understand our Offense.
    We've been down this road before. We've given you plenty to read and look at. It's not like we're all sitting on some encyclopedia of all this. A lot of what we've learned we Googled and found on our own, or spent time to find games coached by these different coaches.

You also don't seem to have followed that DeBesse was hired at SHSU when Fritz took over. They put together the offense there and DeBesse was his OC for 2 years before going to New Mexico. Ruse took over that offense (which was unlike what he ran before) when he took over as OC and although he tweaked some things, it was fundamentally the same. Then Fritz (with Ruse) came here and used the same offense.

It was never the "pistol option." It's a shotgun triple option if you had to put any name to it. Even more simple, we run triple option.

If you want to watch a "pistol option" then you need to find some video of Colin Kaepernick when he was QB at Nevada under Chris Ault....cause that's what they ran. Watch that and you'll see a true pistol offense.

Quote Originally Posted by TiftEagle View Post
    Ken Burnette #7. Great Eagle! Been coaching high school football across Georgia for around 30 years.
    Saved the game vs MTSU

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post

You also don't seem to have followed that DeBesse was hired at SHSU when Fritz took over.

They put together the offense there and DeBesse was his OC for 2 years before going to New Mexico. Ruse took over that offense (which was unlike what he ran before) when he took over as OC and although he tweaked some things, it was fundamentally the same. Then Fritz (with Ruse) came here and used the same offense.
    No I never studied Fritz or DeBesse after we switched from the PJ style Spread Triple Option & thats my bad. I will now devote my time to study GSUs offense.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed