TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ga Tech players

Default Ga Tech players

Well Eagle Nation will we have an advantage now that Paul Johnson is gone from Tech?

Default Re: Ga Tech players

We will not be overlapping in recruiting for offensive players as much as we did more than likely.

What kind of advantage?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

4. Default Re: Ga Tech players

This is the discussion you're looking for

https://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthre...nson-to-Retire

5. Default Re: Ga Tech players

I think it will be beneficial for us. Definitely should be able to snag some very good talent who would have fit PJ’s system well..... Other than us and the service academies, there aren’t a lot of place which run similar offense.

6. Default Re: Ga Tech players

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I think it will be beneficial for us. Definitely should be able to snag some very good talent who would have fit PJ’s system well..... Other than us and the service academies, there aren’t a lot of place which run similar offense.
    We run nothing like what the service academies run. Just pitching the ball does not make the offense or the personnel similar. We are recruiting the same spread offense guys the rest of the Sun Belt is after. A beefy flexbone B back and a rough and tough offensive line are not what we're targeting anymore. We're looking for more finesse guys who run away from tackles rather than through them.
    A successful program requires quality coaches. Help us keep ours.
    https://give.gseagles.com/campaign/m...llenge/c170354

And there it is...the "you're not tough or physical if you're doing zone blocking" canard.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernPride View Post
    We run nothing like what the service academies run. Just pitching the ball does not make the offense or the personnel similar. We are recruiting the same spread offense guys the rest of the Sun Belt is after. A beefy flexbone B back and a rough and tough offensive line are not what we're targeting anymore. We're looking for more finesse guys who run away from tackles rather than through them.
    Ehhhhhh

9. Default Re: Ga Tech players

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    And there it is...the "you're not tough or physical if you're doing zone blocking" canard.
    I didn't say one style is better or worse but I think it's pretty apparent that this is a fundamentally different offense that requires fundamentally different players. It's obviously less physical if you're shifting defenders to the side and not plowing through them. I like Debesse and I think we will have a very effective offense next season.
    A successful program requires quality coaches. Help us keep ours.
    https://give.gseagles.com/campaign/m...llenge/c170354

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernPride View Post
    I didn't say one style is better or worse but I think it's pretty apparent that this is a fundamentally different offense that requires fundamentally different players. It's obviously less physical if you're shifting defenders to the side and not plowing through them. I like Debesse and I think we will have a very effective offense next season.
    Agree 100%. Though we run more than we pass it seems apparent we are recruiting the same type athletes as other top tier Sun Belt schools. On paper our offense isn't much different than said schools, we just approach things differently. It's very obvious by our lack of offensive production against P5 teams since Fritz left. I'm not complaining, I'll take a 10-3 record any day!
    Peterson, taking care of business now. Peterson, still on his feet! Peterson, still on his feet! Peterson!! Still on his feet!