TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: basketball v. Texas State

Default Re: basketball v. Texas State

3 for freaking 19 from 3. We are a guard-oriented team who is one of the worst 3 point shooting teams in the nation. Not a good combo.

2. Default Re: basketball v. Texas State

We are a very poor 3 point shooting team

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    We absolutely should have won that game. We played like crap. This team is so talented but just plays so poorly. When you design your team around outside shooting and go 3-19 from three you are in serious trouble.
    maybe with Glenn and Ike we would have pounded it inside rather than throwing up bombs. Going to be a long year if those two arnt in starting lineup. Your correct though, CB is A-OK with any guy firing them up from three even though we are one of leading teams in country percentage wise shooting 2's, go figure.

Don’t understand why we don’t have at least one player besides Tookie who can knockdown some threes and make free throws. We convert a couple of 3 pointers and make a few free throws and we beat Dayton and T-State. I would like to see us play under more control. I think it was Jones who jacked up a 40-footer in last few minutes and ...well I just frankly thought coming in that Wishart was a better outside shooter. Oh well, he’s just a frosh. Lots of work to do. Carter played well tonight but we need Glenn back.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Don’t understand why we don’t have at least one player besides Tookie who can knockdown some threes and make free throws. We convert a couple of 3 pointers and make a few free throws and we beat Dayton and T-State. I would like to see us play under more control. I think it was Jones who jacked up a 40-footer in last few minutes and ...well I just frankly thought coming in that Wishart was a better outside shooter. Oh well, he’s just a frosh. Lots of work to do. Carter played well tonight but we need Glenn back.
    Well, Jones is our best 3 point shooter. Don't forget we could have also beat UCF. But.................

We’ve already reached our zenith with this regime. I’ve been saying it for years.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

One other thing - I watched ESPN+ and thought the announcers were perhaps the best I’ve heard on plus all season - home and away. Sure, they were the T-State crew but they were very objective, knowledgeable and well-spoken. Kudos to Bobcats for a very professional broadcast IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    We’ve already reached our zenith with this regime. I’ve been saying it for years.
    We have a lot of talent on this team - missing two starters tonight didn’t help when you play a front runner that came in 11-2 on the season. I’m very confident we will hit full stride in conference play. Better watch out for Simeon Carter because he can be a force. We are very fortunate to have Mark Byington. He’s bringing in great talent and, with some breaks, we will be in the hunt for a berth in The Dance. Mark this on your calendar and let’s revisit in late February.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    One other thing - I watched ESPN+ and thought the announcers were perhaps the best I’ve heard on plus all season - home and away. Sure, they were the T-State crew but they were very objective, knowledgeable and well-spoken. Kudos to Bobcats for a very professional broadcast IMO.
    Brant is a really great guy & he and Danny Reed are pretty close, so I'm sure that factored in to it. He appreciates your comment!

10. Default Re: basketball v. Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    both out. Again, nothing matters untill last week of season(SB Tournament)
    I disagree, I really want to see us in the NCAA tournament again, but I don’t see the point if we win the SBC tournament as barely a .500 team and end up being a 15 seed playing Kentucky or Kansas.