TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Georgia Southern & Savannah State Announce New Partnership

  1. Default Georgia Southern & Savannah State Announce New Partnership

    https://hbcudigest.com/savannah-stat...us-extinction/

    "The partnership is designed to lower the barriers for students and create pathways from one school to the next. A student who completes the Virtual Forensic Science certificate from Savannah State at Georgia Southernís Liberty campus might continue on for a bachelorís degree in criminal justice or biology at Georgia Southern."

    It seems with Georgia Southern now in town and enrollment on a 17% decline at Savannah State, they are now taking on a new role as a feeder school for GS. Similar to how EGSU students are now taking classes on GS's Statesboro Campus. Rumors are also swirling that Georgia Southern now owns significant space in the Savannah Mall adjacent to the Armstrong Campus.

    One things for sure, the dust from this merger with Armstrong State is far from settled.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Georgia Southern & Savannah State Announce New Partnership

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    https://hbcudigest.com/savannah-stat...us-extinction/

    "The partnership is designed to lower the barriers for students and create pathways from one school to the next. A student who completes the Virtual Forensic Science certificate from Savannah State at Georgia Southern’s Liberty campus might continue on for a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or biology at Georgia Southern."

    It seems with Georgia Southern now in town and enrollment on a 17% decline at Savannah State, they are now taking on a new role as a feeder school for GS. Similar to how EGSU students are now taking classes on GS's Statesboro Campus. Rumors are also swirling that Georgia Southern now owns significant space in the Savannah Mall adjacent to the Armstrong Campus.

    One things for sure, the dust from this merger with Armstrong State is far from settled.
    Armstrong owned a former Publix-anchored shopping center that had been converted into an event space located just across the street from the Savannah Mall. Also, Virginia College, (private, for-profit school -- the kind that everyone is after for soliciting student enrollment and encouraging heavy borrowing, while not placing many people in gainful employment) just shut down, and they had a large space in the Savannah Mall that represented their "campus" in Savannah. I haven't seen a property transfer on that space, but they just shut down a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if GS would have taken over their lease in order to expand? Not sure that would be the best long term move for additional space (or if they actually need any additional classroom space), but I'm just sharing what I know in case that might be what the rumors are about.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

  3. #3

    Default Re: Georgia Southern & Savannah State Announce New Partnership

    Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Armstrong owned a former Publix-anchored shopping center that had been converted into an event space located just across the street from the Savannah Mall. Also, Virginia College, (private, for-profit school -- the kind that everyone is after for soliciting student enrollment and encouraging heavy borrowing, while not placing many people in gainful employment) just shut down, and they had a large space in the Savannah Mall that represented their "campus" in Savannah. I haven't seen a property transfer on that space, but they just shut down a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if GS would have taken over their lease in order to expand? Not sure that would be the best long term move for additional space (or if they actually need any additional classroom space), but I'm just sharing what I know in case that might be what the rumors are about.
    In the Mall?, yes a new school store for the Savannah market.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Georgia Southern & Savannah State Announce New Partnership

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    In the Mall?, yes a new school store for the Savannah market.
    HaHa. It’s not quite like that. It’s a big 2-story block of space off the side of the mall that was formerly an anchor department store that was gutted and built out as office and classroom space. Not sure if it even opens up to the interior of the mall anymore.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

  5. #5

    Default Re: Georgia Southern & Savannah State Announce New Partnership

    Looks like an update with more clarification. This doesn't look good and the optics are horrible for GSU.

    https://hbcudigest.com/savannah-stat...us-extinction/

  6. #6

    Default Re: Georgia Southern & Savannah State Announce New Partnership

    Same article, GS is a scape goat in this SSU will die on its on without some outside help.
    Rick Kinney
    Class of 1980
    Irmo, SC

  7. #7

    Default Re: Georgia Southern & Savannah State Announce New Partnership

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    Looks like an update with more clarification. This doesn't look good and the optics are horrible for GSU.

    https://hbcudigest.com/savannah-stat...us-extinction/
    Why? Because some blog called hbcudigest is complaining about it? The state is bending over backwards to help SSU in a time when HBCU's everywhere are losing enrollment.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

    If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

  8. Default Re: Georgia Southern & Savannah State Announce New Partnership

    Savannah State is falling apart. Georgia Southern is a convenient scapegoat for the few who refuse to acknowledge SSU has been failing for decades.

    http://www.wtoc.com/story/38062290/s...em-of-georgia/

    http://www.wtoc.com/2018/11/14/board...umni-concerns/

    http://www.wtoc.com/2018/12/19/wtoc-...ni-suspicions/
    A successful program requires quality coaches. Help us keep ours.
    https://give.gseagles.com/campaign/m...llenge/c170354

  9. #9

    Default Re: Georgia Southern & Savannah State Announce New Partnership

    I would think we/BOR are trying this in an effort to not just help SSU but to increase enrollment in our Savannah territories.

  10. Default Re: Georgia Southern & Savannah State Announce New Partnership

    SSU president just announced plans to retire https://www.wsav.com/news/local-news...ire/1686587080

Similar Threads

  1. Ga. State just announced a new radio broadcast partnership
    By jonjonf57 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 19th July 2018, 10:24 AM
  2. Georgia Southern Games - Savannah
    By O.M.T. GATA in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13th November 2015, 06:42 PM
  3. Eagle Extra : Georgia Southern vs. Savannah State
    By TheBigGuy in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 9th September 2014, 09:22 PM
  4. Georgia Southern-Savannah State Highlights are posted
    By TheBigGuy in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7th September 2014, 07:29 AM
  5. Georgia Southern/Savannah State highlights from WJCL
    By TheBigGuy in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31st August 2013, 10:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •