TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: GS Presidential Search Update

1. Default Re: GS Presidential Search Update

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Hold on... Why is he dancing with a girl in A RED dress????

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Welcome aboard.
    But seriously... No more Red dresses
    West GA has red colors goof

Default Re: GS Presidential Search Update

Quote Originally Posted by gregallman View Post
    West GA has red colors goof
    Yeah, but you can’t even spell your own name.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Hold on... Why is he dancing with a girl in A RED dress????

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Welcome aboard.
    But seriously... No more Red dresses
    Because the Girl was the one in change and told him what he had to wear that would go with her red dress.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

Fantastic! I bet he can get out of the way from the sideline play during his first football game.
    Billy Bennett
    Class of '78

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Yeah, but you can’t even spell your own name.
    #pwned
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

This popped up in my Google feed... Thoughts?

https://www.ajc.com/blog/get-schoole...6WEwJY9DDu6oN/

Quote Originally Posted by southern edumacation View Post
    This popped up in my Google feed... Thoughts?

https://www.ajc.com/blog/get-schoole...6WEwJY9DDu6oN/
    Personally, I was 100% behind a closed search. I believe an open search severely limits your opportunity for any sitting president and many others, including non-academics, to apply for the job. I was not on either committee, this one or the one that hired Dr Hebert, but I have been told not one sitting president applied in the last search, which was open, compared to numerous this go round.
    I am not really sure what a public debate of three “finalists” would have brought to the table. I think you have to trust your search committee.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    Personally, I was 100% behind a closed search. I believe an open search severely limits your opportunity for any sitting president and many others, including non-academics, to apply for the job. I was not on either committee, this one or the one that hired Dr Hebert, but I have been told not one sitting president applied in the last search, which was open, compared to numerous this go round.
    I am not really sure what a public debate of three “finalists” would have brought to the table. I think you have to trust your search committee.
    I think I'm in agreeance. The optics of having a sitting president ( or other high tracking official) of an institution looking around at another job wouldn't be that great. And I know it was a bit of a dog and pony show but there were public forums soliciting requests and ideas on the ideal candidate from the public. So you can't say there was zero public input. Minimal input maybe but not zero.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    I wonder what the market standard is for Presidents being open vs being closed? Seems like a private search is the way to go as we get more experienced hires looking to move on. I don't know about everyone else, but when you job search, do you tell your boss? No you do it in secrecy. Last time I went through one I went to a storage room for the phone interview, so I could have privacy and not be disturbed. I had a "doctors appointment" for the in person interview. I got the job offer, like many pending the drug and background checks. I never told my then current employer until it was 100% official.

Point being seems like there was a greater pool of more qualified sitting university presidents. Which is a good thing, he's got experience as a university president. And especially being inside the same state he always knows the politics and has contacts within the USG. Oh and that opinion article is a joke. It's state law (or is it federal) that emails be retained for 7 years as a government employee. Same with cell phone records and texts. You're already an employee of the USG and the open records act is there for a reason. To protect shady behavior or spending since it is taxpayer funded. That has zero relation to a job search. I mean when a Dean is hired is there any public forms? What's the difference? Or a professor? Or the accountant?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I like how she brings up Florida and then as an exemplar and then discredits it.