TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Next year's schedule

Default Re: Next year's schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    The only two that come to mind that wouldn't be considered "elite" are Indiana, NC State, North Carolina, And Ga Tech. Am I missing any? Also, it's incredible that we've only played one with a losing record. Oh yeah, there was Oregon State in '99.
    I almost said Colorado State... lol

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    That means zilch. We've played one P5 team with a losing record ever and are 1-0. We also played scarce few non-elite Power 5s.
    We are 0-5(?) against non-elites? My point is that Minnesota is not going to be an easy game. Sadly, I said ‘winnable’ in the back of my mind, this is a huge team that recruits betters than us. The backs and receivers are fast and talented. They are not LSU, but they will be really tough.

3. Default Re: Next year's schedule

This really would make the conference championship more interesting. The Top three in the East are all better than the West Champ.

4. Default Re: Next year's schedule

It just that when we play a P5 that they are top 10 or we are waning vs. other SB teams catching the P5 on a down year. LSU for example, or GT and Ole Miss with TS as our HC. I am optimistic that with this staff, we can take out some P5s.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Eagle View Post
    We are 0-5(?) against non-elites? My point is that Minnesota is not going to be an easy game. Sadly, I said ‘winnable’ in the back of my mind, this is a huge team that recruits betters than us. The backs and receivers are fast and talented. They are not LSU, but they will be really tough.
    By my count it's Oregon State, Indiana, NC State, Georgia Tech (x2). Three close games and two Tyson Summers losses. I'm not saying it's going to be an easy win at all, but it ought to be a close game.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

So it looks like Mark Richt is calling it quits and Mark Stoops is said to be the lead candidate. If he takes the Miami job then Troy is probably looking for a coach.

Having both our two biggest SBC East foes looking for coaches could be a nice break.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

I don’t get why we think we can beat most mid-western P5 teams. I get being confident but Minnesota is not a cakewalk. I fall for the trap also. It’s because we don’t see them play as often as we do SEC and ACC teams. We see 6-6 records and we automatically think ‘upset’.

We’ve beaten one P5 in 40 years. I love our team and I’ll try to go to both LSU and MN games but I don’t feel confident. Indiana taught me a lesson.
    I don’t think anyone is close chalking up an automatic W for Minnesota, but relatively speaking, the Minnesotas and the 6-7 win teams are more winnable than the LSU’s and Clemsons of our OOC schedule. By ‘winnable’ I think most mean we ought to be genuinely competitive and maybe win every second or third one, not that we should be favored. NC State, GT, Ole Miss and even UGA were all winnable games. Most of us likely think we can be competitive against Minnesota, whereas realistically most are just hoping to make a respectable showing against LSU.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Competitive with Minnesota? What is y'all smoking?

Minnesota won't have the speed to keep up with us. Lol. Kennedy erupts and speedy is just getting started. Cunningham may surprise us all.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Minnesota won't have the speed to keep up with us. Lol. Kennedy erupts and speedy is just getting started. Cunningham may surprise us all.
    we will be 14-17 point underdogs to Minnesota. 18.5-22 point dogs to LSU.