TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 20212223 LastLast

Thread: Will we have any kind of Signings show on 19th?

Default Re: Will we have any kind of Signings show on 19th?

So many busts in the top 30. Kouassi, Halbeck, just about every OL from 2014.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Kouassi was a medical I believe, so that's not his fault. I won't put fault on anyone that gets a medical DQ.

But yea there was a lot of misses in the recruiting classes the last few years.

Hallback never made it campus IIRC.

I will say that the higher 3-star guys (say 0.83+ guys) seem to be more likely to be starters, but Monquavion Brinson is the only standout.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

What's been up with Dexter Carter jr? People talked about him being a stud. I know he played some this year but not significant

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyschool View Post
    What's been up with Dexter Carter jr? People talked about him being a stud. I know he played some this year but not significant
    I think heís a victim of coaching changes, multiple offensive coordinator changes, and I think he was/is a walk-on. I think he was initially recruited by Fritz staff, but never signed. Carter then became a walk-on under Summers like a year or two later. He was an urban legend until he finally made it to campus.

If Carter is really a walk-on and was originally a Fritz recruit, then heís been through 3 (maybe 2) head coaches and 5 ( I guess 4) OCís. Thatís pretty tough to overcome. Despite our history of being welcoming of walk-ons.

Thatís my take.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Eagle View Post
    I think he’s a victim of coaching changes, multiple offensive coordinator changes, and I think he was/is a walk-on. I think he was initially recruited by Fritz staff, but never signed. Carter then became a walk-on under Summers like a year or two later. He was an urban legend until he finally made it to campus.

If Carter is really a walk-on and was originally a Fritz recruit, then he’s been through 3 (maybe 2) head coaches and 5 ( I guess 4) OC’s. That’s pretty tough to overcome. Despite our history of being welcoming of walk-ons.

That’s my take.
    That was generous of you.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    That was Fritzís first year of recruiting. He was trying to bring in different type of linemen and running backs while replacing Monken and converting to FBS. I give that class the benefit of the doubt.

Was that Trayvon Williams, Christian Williams, Christian Taylor, that Okie OL... if so, then I agree they were really disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    That was generous of you.
    I may be overstating the situation. If you have a different or better take, then please let me know. Iíll admit Iím not a strategist nor evaluator

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Eagle View Post
    That was Fritz’s first year of recruiting. He was trying to bring in different type of linemen and running backs while replacing Monken and converting to FBS. I give that class the benefit of the doubt.

Was that Trayvon Williams, Christian Williams, Christian Taylor, that Okie OL... if so, then I agree they were really disappointing.
    Several of the 2014 class were being recruited by Monken, so it's not a 100% Fritz class.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Posted 27 Oct 2016

Posted 21 Nov 2016

You were pretty good at calling out a bad coach in his first year, but now you've seen a coach do a good job and don't want to put any faith in him.

I can understand that opinion before the season started, but the body of work for this season and how the team transformed in the offseason should be enough to think that we'll be ok.

It's quite possible we have a worse record next year and be a better team overall. This will not be a seamless rebuild (and yes we are still rebuilding) but I've seen enough to know that we have people in place to do it the RIGHT way, even if we have to take some lumps in the process.
    Wow... I forgot about that.

I went to the Auburn and UNH games in 2017 and walked away after that. I sold the rest of my season tickets and refused to travel for any other home games until Summers was fired. The Auburn and UNH games were that awful. I went to the Ole Miss game in 2016 and I didnít feel angry like I did traveling to Alabama in 2017.

But CCL is showing progress though. I need to stop being jaded I guess.