TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Did HE do something right???

Default Did HE do something right???

Who recruited Werts and Bass?

Default Re: Did HE do something right???

It’s too early on a Sunday for that sort of speculation Garns (smile)

Werts was recruited by Lunsford and Foster.
    https://247sports.com/Player/Yafari-...-school-99687/
    I think Bass was a PWO.

The talent debate has been had on here ad nauseum over the past couple years and I think those of us who have been saying that we had talent on the roster should feel a little justified right now. For all that he did wrong, Summers did sign some very talented players in his short time here. Fortunately for those players they are now being developed into good football players by a much better on field staff and off field S&C staff.

Now with that said, this roster still isn’t what it could be. But after seeing things like last night and the genuine emotion coach Lunsford had I have no doubts recruiting is going to go well and this roster is only going to continue to improve. Both in the recruiting of new players and the development of current ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

I believe Werts, Brinson, Raymond Johnson, and Kennedy are all Summers recruits, so props there.

Summers also helped contribute to less than ideal situations at a few positions on the roster.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I believe Werts, Brinson, Raymond Johnson, and Kennedy are all Summers recruits, so props there.

Summers also helped contribute to less than ideal situations at a few positions on the roster.

It’s a lot more than just those guys. Vildor, Wade, Byrd, Reese, Phillips, Harris, Vliem, and Duncan were all Summers signees and major contributors on defense. On offense you can add Richardson, Anderson, Miller, Edwards, and Logan Wright.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    The talent debate has been had on here ad nauseum over the past couple years and I think those of us who have been saying that we had talent on the roster should feel a little justified right now. For all that he did wrong, Summers did sign some very talented players in his short time here. Fortunately for those players they are now being developed into good football players by a much better on field staff and off field S&C staff.

Now with that said, this roster still isn’t what it could be. But after seeing things like last night and the genuine emotion coach Lunsford had I have no doubts recruiting is going to go well and this roster is only going to continue to improve. Both in the recruiting of new players and the development of current ones.
    +1000, end of season post of year.