TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Camellia Bowl

Default Re: Camellia Bowl

Why would any Georgia Southern fan have bought directly from the Bowl? That makes no sense.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    Why would any Georgia Southern fan have bought directly from the Bowl? That makes no sense.

why doesn't it make sense? They sell tickets too. They were selling tickets before the teams were officially announced.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    why doesn't it make sense? They sell tickets too. They were selling tickets before the teams were officially announced.
    So were we...

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    Why would someone buy a ticket from the Bowl and bypass the school leaving the school holding the bag for any unsold tickets in their allotment? This costs the school money as I believe bowls are different than regular season games in the school is on the hook to buy/sell their allotment of tickets for the game and not return the unsold portion. Everyone could have submitted their ticket request to the school for the bowl games they could attend before the announcement to ensure they got tickets but to also show support to the school.

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    Why would someone buy a ticket from the Bowl and bypass the school leaving the school holding the bag for any unsold tickets in their allotment? This costs the school money as I believe bowls are different than regular season games in the school is on the hook to buy/sell their allotment of tickets for the game and not return the unsold portion. Everyone could have submitted their ticket request to the school for the bowl games they could attend before the announcement to ensure they got tickets but to also show support to the school.
    Correct, buying from some place other than GS takes money directly out of the GS pockets. From what I understand, we are required to BUY the ticket allotment from the bowl. We sell them and hope to recoup what we shelled out to the bowl. Every ticket that a GS fan buys from another source is one more ticket GS loses money on if our allotment doesn't sell out.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

My work here is done.

7. Default Re: Camellia Bowl

I saw where we had an allotment of 8,000 tickets to sell, but EMU only had 2,500. How do they come up with those numbers?

I have 5 ESPNZone Tickets!!! This should be fun

Quote Originally Posted by bplanken View Post
    I saw where we had an allotment of 8,000 tickets to sell, but EMU only had 2,500. How do they come up with those numbers?
    We said that was our goal.

I'm thinking with the way we showed out at GaState, we thought we could pull about the same crowd. Supposedly we sold 3400 for GoDaddy, but some think we had more fans than that there.

EMU probably didn't anticipate traveling well, so smaller goal.

10. Default Re: Camellia Bowl

I bought through the school. If you want General admission tickets you could get them cheaper directly from the bowl.