TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowl Game

Default Re: Bowl Game

What's the story on the Cure Bowl and television?
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Y'all come on down. Everybody needs to experience the fledgling "I-4 Ultimate," the best, scariest, and cheapest thrill ride in a town full of them.

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    What's the story on the Cure Bowl and television?
    CBS Sports Network.

4. Default Re: Bowl Game

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    CBS Sports Network.
    I would like the Cure Bowl because visiting Universal Studios is way more fun than visiting Old Salty Chuck's Bar and Auto Repair in Montgomery. The TV deal is a real downer though. Most football fans watch the bowl game carousel on ESPN but very few switch to the cable upgrade channel CBS Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by blueballs View Post
    Y'all come on down. Everybody needs to experience the fledgling "I-4 Ultimate," the best, scariest, and cheapest thrill ride in a town full of them.
    Thought you were going to support Stetson football.

Stetson alum here.

6. Default Re: Bowl Game

The fans who want to travel will prefer Orlando and probably Myrtle Beach when that starts.

The fans who want to watch on tv will prefer Mobile or Montgomery

NOLA bowl should be the goal if they continue to promise to take the conference champ

Mobile is out for me. I can't do Christmas Eve Eve that far away again while my child is this young.

Got family close to Orlando, that'd work great for me. Two birds with one stone and what not. But hey .. big team, little me... If we get the "better" bowl I'll be watching on TV. I'd likely make Montgomery, but not Mobile.

8. Default Re: Bowl Game

Good news is all the bowls are on Saturdays. I believe the GoDaddy bowl back in 2015 was on a Wednesday.

15 December -New Orleans, Cure and Camellia.
    22 December - Dollar General
    29 December - Nova Az
    Class of '87
    BBA Finance
    Peachtree City, Ga.

9. Default Re: Bowl Game

New Orleans: App State
    Mobile: Georgia Southern
    Orlando: Arkansas State
    Montgomery: Troy
    Arizona: ULL

New Orleans takes the conference champ, and I think its going to be App State. Mobile loved it the last time we went, and I think we’ll be going there again. Troy would sell out the Camellia bowl in a heart beat, seeing that they’re less than an hour away. ULL to Arizona because even though there’s not an official hierarchy in picks, they’re the newest bowl and likely take the worst of the eligible teams. Arkansas State to Orlando because of process of elimination.

Based on payouts, as the Sun Belt wants the best teams in games with the highest payouts, I could also see

Mobile: Troy
    Orlando: Georgia Southern
    Arizona: Arkansas Stat
    Montgomery: ULL

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Mobile: Georgia Southern
    Orlando: Arkansas State
    Montgomery: Troy
    Arizona: ULL

New Orleans takes the conference champ, and I think its going to be App State. Mobile loved it the last time we went, and I think we’ll be going there again. Troy would sell out the Camellia bowl in a heart beat, seeing that they’re less than an hour away. ULL to Arizona because even though there’s not an official hierarchy in picks, they’re the newest bowl and likely take the worst of the eligible teams. Arkansas State to Orlando because of process of elimination.

Based on payouts, as the Sun Belt wants the best teams in games with the highest payouts, I could also see

Mobile: Troy
    Orlando: Georgia Southern
    Arizona: Arkansas Stat
    Montgomery: ULL
    This is pretty likely.

Flip App/Troy based on results of their game this Sat. I don't think the West has the horsepower this year to beat either team.