TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia State (penitentiary) Game discussion and Predictions

Default Re: Georgia State (penitentiary) Game discussion and Predictions

I submitted my idea for The Silver U a few years ago, along with a picture, but nobody liked it.

2. Default Re: Georgia State (penitentiary) Game discussion and Predictions

There's a thread somewhere called " Are you a believer yet?" The outcome of this game will decide if I'm a believer. We have no business being 1-3 against that program, and it's time to prove it.

3. Default Re: Georgia State (penitentiary) Game discussion and Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Itís kind of hard to deny Georgia State being a rival when it is an in-state school that is so severely disliked by the fan base. Like it or not they are a rival. Georgia State has played exactly 100 games according to Wikipedia. They have 29 wins all-time. That means over 10% of their all-time wins are against Georgia Southern. Georgia Southern has lost 27 games since 2014. 3 are to Georgia State. Thatís over ten percent of our losses.
    I actually felt sorry for them in 2014 when we had scored a TD for our 68th point of the game. We almost went for 2 after the TD, but after some confusion, kicked the PAT. I wish like crazy now that we had gone for 2.

GSU 52, GagSt 10
    "Losing is the most disgusting thing that you can experience...We feel we need to surround ourselves with people who feel that winning is the most important thing in the world. If you feel that way, and I do, and I think our players feel that way, then losing has got to be about the worst thing that can happen to you." Erk Russell

Quote Originally Posted by TiftEagle View Post
    I actually felt sorry for them in 2014 when we had scored a TD for our 68th point of the game. We almost went for 2 after the TD, but after some confusion, kicked the PAT. I wish like crazy now that we had gone for 2.
    Someone said that after that game everyone from players to students was down on the program - that loss took any bit of life and hope they had away. Then 2015 happened...

6. Default Re: Georgia State (penitentiary) Game discussion and Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Someone said that after that game everyone from players to students was down on the program - that loss took any bit of life and hope they had away. Then 2015 happened...
    We need to do it again. Embarrass them. Make their players lose trust in their coaches. Make their coaches lose faith in their players. Make their recruits go "wow, really?" and reopen their search.

I want to beat them so bad that their students question why they even pay for a football team, and their administration questions whether football is worth it let alone feasible going forward. I want to watch them lose the only thing they have had to be proud of in their 9 years of football. Basically, I want to knock them off their tracks.

65-0

7. Default Re: Georgia State (penitentiary) Game discussion and Predictions

I feel your hate and raise it one level.... I want to beat them so bad that even the ga st players parent leave early.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    We need to do it again. Embarrass them. Make their players lose trust in their coaches. Make their coaches lose faith in their players. Make their recruits go "wow, really?" and reopen their search.

I want to beat them so bad that their students question why they even pay for a football team, and their administration questions whether football is worth it let alone feasible going forward. I want to watch them lose the only thing they have had to be proud of in their 9 years of football. Basically, I want to knock them off their tracks.

65-0
    Sums it up for me.......we need an old fashioned curb stomping to exorcise the demons from the last three years.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

I want to beat them so bad they shut down the program...but not until we get a lead in the head-to-head series lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    Iíll take the over on 10k

we should win this one handily

but ever since the last game of the Fritz Era, I always worry about this one more than I should
    Hard to have worried more than you should when they have beaten us that game and every game sense.