TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Attendance For 2018

Default Re: Attendance For 2018

I will also say that I have never seen that many people on the home side as I did yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLaw View Post
    I will also say that I have never seen that many people on the home side as I did yesterday.
    It was a really good showing in the South Stands yesterday.

I asked TK on twitter about it. I’ll report if I get a response or not.

4. Default Re: Attendance For 2018

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I asked TK on twitter about it. I’ll report if I get a response or not.
    Someone needs to ask in person.

These numbers are straight bull****.

And I’m not saying that the way other schools report their “attendance” is illegal, but it’s definitely deceptive, fraudulent.

I'm not saying the numbers are wrong as we have no reason to under report attendance. We have a great ticket office.

But I do think something is different from 2014-2015 indeed. Or did we have such bad crowds in the second half of 2016 and all of 2017 that 16k feels like 20k to most of us now? It sure does seem like the stadium has been as packed as some 2015 games but I could be wrong. I trust the ticket office, of course, as I have no reason not to.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    I'm not saying the numbers are wrong as we have no reason to under report attendance. We have a great ticket office.

But I do think something is different from 2014-2015 indeed. Or did we have such bad crowds in the second half of 2016 and all of 2017 that 16k feels like 20k to most of us now? It sure does seem like the stadium has been as packed as some 2015 games but I could be wrong. I trust the ticket office, of course, as I have no reason not to.
    My sentiments as well. Just noting something is definitely different.
    Last edited by EagleLaw; 11th November 2018 at 03:02 PM.

7. Default Re: Attendance For 2018

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post

I also hold the ticket office in high regard.

I doubt they are doing anything wrong on purpose, but something is definitely wrong. 2 or 3k in the stands is noticeable, and we definitely had at least that many more vs App

The student section yesterday was far from being packed. Down by where the team comes out, that section was only half full. The other sections had a couple of top rows pretty thin too. So, yah I believe the numbers. Don't forget, Paulson has to be pretty well Packed top to bottom to get that 22-25,000.

9. Default Re: Attendance For 2018

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    The student section yesterday was far from being packed. Down by where the team comes out, that section was only half full. The other sections had a couple of top rows pretty thin too. So, yah I believe the numbers. Don't forget, Paulson has to be pretty well Packed top to bottom to get that 22-25,000.
    We probably over reported the first couple years to add some legitimacy and make sure we reached the minimum requirement. I would think the athletics office has relaxed a bit on getting those “extra tickets” sold. You know, the ones you negotiate a sponsor to buy that they never use. As has been stated many times, there are lots of tricks you can pull to get more tickets “sold” and then count them as “attendance.” The same eyeballs that tell me we under counted some games this year told me we over counted other years. It all comes down to how many of those tickets “sold” actually make it into the stadium.

Remember the NCAA has 3 options in the official rule book.
    1. Actual
    2. Sold.
    3. Estimate
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"