TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attendance For 2018

Default Attendance For 2018

There is no disputing that something has changed with respect to how we count tickets in 2018. I posted this in another thread but go back to 2014 and 2015 during the Fritz era and look at attendance figures. Reconcile those figures with photographs taken during the 2014 and 2015 season. We regularly announced attendance in excess of 21-22k.

Now look at the attendance figures from yesterday and App State and photographs taken during those games. The photographs will look very similar to photographs from 2014-2015 yet attendance is reported to be 6k less in 2018?

Something is way off.
    Heath Vickers
    Degree from Georgia Southern - BBA in Accounting in 2006
    Jacksonville, Florida

2. Default Re: Attendance For 2018

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLaw View Post
    There is no disputing that something has changed with respect to how we count tickets in 2018. I posted this in another thread but go back to 2014 and 2015 during the Fritz era and look at attendance figures. Reconcile those figures with photographs taken during the 2014 and 2015 season. We regularly announced attendance in excess of 21-22k.

Now look at the attendance figures from yesterday and App State and photographs taken during those games. The photographs will look very similar to photographs from 2014-2015 yet attendance is reported to be 6k less in 2018?

Something is way off.

I’d like this looked into as well......

I do know that there were most definitely more people in the stands last light vs App. The upper deck was much more full. Home side was completely sold out-and somehow we called it a lower number.

Maybe there’s some strategy to this stuff which we are not privy to, but these figures are clearly screwed up.

3. Default Re: Attendance For 2018

Oddly, we appear to be the only SB program doing whatever it is we are doing because Ga State has no problem reporting 15k when 3k seats are filled, and ULM certainly did not have 14k seats filled last week.

4. Default Re: Attendance For 2018

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Oddly, we appear to be the only SB program doing whatever it is we are doing because Ga State has no problem reporting 15k when 3k seats are filled, and ULM did not have 14k seats filled last week.
    True.

Our figures do seem to be much closer to actual attendance. When the home side shows sold out, it is actually full.

Gag is doing something particularly unethical. A game with 500 warm bodies (including the band) in a stadium should not be showing as 15k +

Default Re: Attendance For 2018

6. Default Re: Attendance For 2018

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    They should make schools state “tickets sold” vs “attendance.”

Looks like we publicize actual attendance, State publicizes sales and fraudulently refers to it as
    “attendance.”

Not surprising, considering what a scam they are.

No way that GaState is meeting the 15,000 average minimum attendance requirements of the NCAA. I wonder how the NCAA deals with this. Perhaps they just look the other way or use the school's reported numbers without ever actually checking.

8. Default Re: Attendance For 2018

Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post
    No way that GaState is meeting the 15,000 average minimum attendance requirements of the NCAA. I wonder how the NCAA deals with this. Perhaps they just look the other way or use the school's reported numbers without ever actually checking.

They won’t check.

They will let Gag get away with anything-because of that big downtown stadium-and all the $$$$$ it can generate.

Just look at the officiating we always see against Gag. It’s over-the-top. The conference and NCAA will pull every stop to give those guys an advantage.

Would be nice to see some investigative journalism on that attendance stuff though. It’s horrendous

The 15k has to be once every two years. It's no mystery. For one, attendance can be estimated. For another, it is within the rules for a school to buy its own tickets as long as they are priced at least one third of the most expensive normally offered single game ticket. Akron bought 57,000 of its own tickets at $10 apiece in 2013. If you look at the MAC, there are teams that report under 10k in say even years and over 15k in odd years. Georgia State surely does the same thing by actually purchasing the two season tickets themselves that they offer free to recent alumni every year. If actual attendance were strictly enforced, probably at least a third of FBS would vanish.

I looked at some old pictures today that I have from 2014 2015 and compared the attendance.

I am really perplexed at why we are reporting attendance much lower this year when looking at photographs from 2014 and 2015.