TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 69

Thread: WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    25,749

    Default Re: WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    There is always the chance that they win the CCG, too... likely getting them an invite to NOLA. If they can get to the CCG anything can happen on that day.
    Well the contracts were modified to require the loser of the title game to be placed before any other schools. If ULM were to lose, they have a guaranteed spot before any of us not in the title game.

    This means we're unlikely to hear bowl game selections until after the title game from now on.

  2. Default Re: WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

    So the title game winner and loser both get guaranteed spots and the NOLA bowl and Mobile bowl get 1st and 2nd pick respectively which means most years, the winner and loser of the title game will go to those bowls.

    Let's pretend it's ULM and Troy in the title game, that would most likely put ULM in NOLA and Troy in Mobile regardless of the outcome. That leaves Montgomery, Orlando, and Arizona up for grabs.

    App to Montgomery, GS to Orlando, and Arkansas State to Arizona.

    Anyone else who is eligible at the end of the season is SOL unless CUSA or the MAC can't fill all of their bowl spots.

  3. #43

    Default Re: WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

    Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    We drop these last two game and ain't nothing guaranteed.
    If we lose 4 in a row we don't deserve a bowl game.

  4. Default Re: WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

    Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleEagle View Post
    If we lose 4 in a row we don't deserve a bowl game.
    The Cure Bowl invited Georgia State twice at 6-6 and 7-5, the bar ain't exactly high.

  5. Default Re: WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    The Cure Bowl invited Georgia State twice at 6-6 and 7-5, the bar ain't exactly high.
    How many SB teams were eligible vs bowl slots those two years? Were any SB teams left out?

  6. Default Re: WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

    Arkansas State vs ULM this weekend should clear the picture up pretty well. ULM only gets in if they make the championship game, or CCU and ULL lose out. If they lose to Arkansas State this weekend, their conference championship aspirations are all but over with.

    Southern, App, Troy, and Ark State all have too big of followings to be left out of a bowl game. If I had to guess who goes where right now:


    New Orleans: Arkansas State
    Dollar General: Appalachian State
    Cure Bowl: Georgia Southern
    Camellia Bowl: Troy
    Arizona Bowl: ULL

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    25,749

    Default Re: WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    So the title game winner and loser both get guaranteed spots and the NOLA bowl and Mobile bowl get 1st and 2nd pick respectively which means most years, the winner and loser of the title game will go to those bowls.

    Let's pretend it's ULM and Troy in the title game, that would most likely put ULM in NOLA and Troy in Mobile regardless of the outcome. That leaves Montgomery, Orlando, and Arizona up for grabs.

    App to Montgomery, GS to Orlando, and Arkansas State to Arizona.

    Anyone else who is eligible at the end of the season is SOL unless CUSA or the MAC can't fill all of their bowl spots.
    Not necessarily.

    The bowls have preferences. Mobile would prefer someone like Troy. NO Bowl wants someone that can sell tickets. ULM is neither of those, so if they're in the title game there's going to be negotiations about where they go.

    Mobile for a while had SBC champ vs MAC champ, until we got put in there. But that bowl saw how we put fans in the stands.

    ULM will just be guaranteed a spot before anyone else is. It isn't as cut and dry as 1/2/3/4/5 picks.


  8. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    25,749

    Default Re: WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

    Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    How many SB teams were eligible vs bowl slots those two years? Were any SB teams left out?
    There weren't more bowl eligible teams from the conference than there were bowl tie ins.


  9. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    25,749

    Default Re: WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    The Cure Bowl invited Georgia State twice at 6-6 and 7-5, the bar ain't exactly high.
    Twice at 6-6. Gast won once and lost the first time, they finished 7-6 and 6-7 those two seasons. They've yet to finish an FBS regular season with 7 wins.


  10. Default Re: WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Not necessarily.

    The bowls have preferences. Mobile would prefer someone like Troy. NO Bowl wants someone that can sell tickets. ULM is neither of those, so if they're in the title game there's going to be negotiations about where they go.

    Mobile for a while had SBC champ vs MAC champ, until we got put in there. But that bowl saw how we put fans in the stands.

    ULM will just be guaranteed a spot before anyone else is. It isn't as cut and dry as 1/2/3/4/5 picks.
    That’s how I understand it too. There’s no official hierarchy, but the Sun Belt wants the games with the highest payouts to take the best teams.

    Dollar General: $1.5 million
    New Orleans: $925k
    Cure Bowl: $750k
    Arizona: $415k
    Camellia: $250k

    So you’d think Dollar General and New Orleans take the two best teams, but that also depends on ticket sales as well. Neither takes ULM even if they make the championship game.

Similar Threads

  1. Is There Anyone Left...
    By The_Eagles_Cliff in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 9th October 2017, 04:22 PM
  2. Just Left Norfolk, VA
    By 81eagle in forum TALON Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 16th March 2013, 08:42 AM
  3. 3 DAYS LEFT!!
    By gataeagles06 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 3rd September 2009, 09:53 AM
  4. Just left conference
    By gsuradio in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 31st July 2009, 08:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •