TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

Default Re: WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

We need one more win to take away any doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    What are those bowl representatives doing? I saw some at the ULM game.

What a “gig” they have attending various college football games. I mean, after common knowledge of the programs that travel well, is there really that much strategy behind inviting a SBC program to their bowl? If so, that cannot be done remotely? Idk, just seems like a waste of somebody’s money, but good for them capitalizing on it.
    I think it’s a well-known, open ‘secret’ that most bowl organizations are self-dealing, self-serving arrangements that provide perks for and/or line the pockets of their organizers. I think they’re non-profits, but a handful of employees make handsome salaries and the volunteer committee people get perks.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

So, if 7 teams end up bowl eligible, two most likely left out are CC and one of the LA schools?

Quote Originally Posted by BrookletEagle View Post
    There are currently five Sun Belt teams who are bowl eligible with two more needing only one win to achieve that status. Should seven teams become eligible, who gets left out as the Sun Belt apparently has only five bowl tie-ins? In my mind, we must win the remaining two games in order to ensure that we are selected.
    Even if the Sun Belt has 7 bowl eligible I still see at least 6 of these teams making it to a bowl game just from looking at the numbers at this time.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    So, if 7 teams end up bowl eligible, two most likely left out are CC and one of the LA schools?
    Coastal and ULM likely would be left out just on lack of large numbers historically. ULM has had one good showing at the Independence Bowl which is only approx. an hour away from campus. If you'd seen their stadium the other day you'd know they don't really have any fans. Coastal as a newer program just doesn't have a history of putting big numbers out there.

If ULM wins the West they can’t be left out.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    If ULM wins the West they can’t be left out.
    Good point. The loser of the title game has to be placed, that does add a new complexity.

8. Default Re: WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

Coastal will be left out should they get eligible, and they know this which is why they've been pushing so hard for a Myrtle Beach Bowl.

9. Default Re: WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

We drop these last two game and ain't nothing guaranteed.

10. Default Re: WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Good point. The loser of the title game has to be placed, that does add a new complexity.
    There is always the chance that they win the CCG, too... likely getting them an invite to NOLA. If they can get to the CCG anything can happen on that day.