TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

1. Default WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

There are currently five Sun Belt teams who are bowl eligible with two more needing only one win to achieve that status. Should seven teams become eligible, who gets left out as the Sun Belt apparently has only five bowl tie-ins? In my mind, we must win the remaining two games in order to ensure that we are selected.

Default Re: WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

Quote Originally Posted by BrookletEagle View Post
    There are currently five Sun Belt teams who are bowl eligible with two more needing only one win to achieve that status. Should seven teams become eligible, who gets left out as the Sun Belt apparently has only five bowl tie-ins? In my mind, we must win the remaining two games in order to ensure that we are selected.
    If Louisiana-Monroe doesn’t make it to the conference championship game I think they will be one of the teams to get left out.

3. Default Re: WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

Quote Originally Posted by BrookletEagle View Post
    We will be invited before other members of the SB because of our potential to travel in greater numbers over a program like ULM.

Plus, I could be wrong, but I don’t think CCU is eligible for a bowl, yet.

4. Default Re: WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    We will be invited before other members of the SB because of our potential to travel in greater numbers over a program like ULM.

Plus, I could be wrong, but I don’t think CCU is eligible for a bowl, yet.
    This is true, but they have a game against us that they feel they can win, and they play South Alabama in their final game.

If we go 7-5 with a four game losing streak, couldn’t care less which scrub team we play in the bowls.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

6. Default Re: WHO GETS LEFT OUT?

This is what miffs me about how we report our attendance. We under sell ourselves while all the other schools in our conference straight up lie about it. We have a great fan base that travels well, but if there’s 7 eligible bowl teams with these bottom tier bowls that probably don’t know the Sun Belt from the Big South, most likely they’ll just look at the average attendance at each school to decide who they want to invite. What happens when they see us averaging ~15k this season even though that’s not the case next to a team like Georgia State (assuming they were bowl eligible) and see that they’re averaging ~18k even though that’s a flat out lie? I’m gonna be pissed if we get passed over because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    This is what miffs me about how we report our attendance. We under sell ourselves while all the other schools in our conference straight up lie about it. We have a great fan base that travels well, but if there’s 7 eligible bowl teams with these bottom tier bowls that probably don’t know the Sun Belt from the Big South, most likely they’ll just look at the average attendance at each school to decide who they want to invite. What happens when they see us averaging ~15k this season even though that’s not the case next to a team like Georgia State (assuming they were bowl eligible) and see that they’re averaging ~18k even though that’s a flat out lie? I’m gonna be pissed if we get passed over because of that.
    The bowl committee usually sends representatives to each school for their games
    I think they are aware of our attendance compared to other schools
    I don’t think there is any higher than us, Troy and App.

I would expect that we would be included in the higher choices
    unless you count ULM because they will finish probably #1 or #2
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

CBS/SportsIllustrated still has us versus Tulane in the Cure Bowl in their Week 11 bowl projections. Troy vs Ohio in Montgomery. App State to Arizona vs San Diego State. ULM to New Orleans vs LA Tech and Arkansaas State to Mobile vs Western Michigan. Would be interesting against our old coach, but Tulane is 5-5 with games at Houston and home against Navy left. They could lose both and not be eligible. Lots to be determined over the next few weeks.
    Last edited by straightshooter; 11th November 2018 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    The bowl committee usually sends representatives to each school for their games
    I think they are aware of our attendance compared to other schools
    I don’t think there is any higher than us, Troy and App.

I would expect that we would be included in the higher choices
    unless you count ULM because they will finish probably #1 or #2
    Looks like reps from Dollar General Bowl were in Paulson yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by JGEagle7 View Post
    Looks like reps from Dollar General Bowl were in Paulson yesterday.

Correct.

I believe they were also at App, along with Cure Bowl reps