TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paulson Experience This Season?

1. Default Paulson Experience This Season?

What grade would y’all give mgmt concerning the stadium this season?

In terms of improvements and game day experience? Stuff like the audio level, the cannon, the flyover, fireworks and such?

I have seen a lot of improvements this year. I think mgmt has been doing a good job in terms of trying to make the game day a good experience.

Good job! Many improvements throughout season!

B+

-It’s good to see they are listening to us and seem to be doing their best to improve. Maybe we can see better internet coverage whe 5G rolls out soon.

(I still have no idea how data coverage is so poor-when cell providers are clearly using that water tower for antennae.)

Default Re: Paulson Experience This Season?

I think B+ is fair. Nothing has jumped out at me as "wow that's a great idea", but I havent been surprised at any incompetence, either.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

3. Default Re: Paulson Experience This Season?

I’d give them an A

the only negative that I can think of is the commercials. They’re distracting and poorly timed. The Georgia...Southern... chant shouldn’t be drowned out by a stupid ad. Or on a 3rd down timeout. Completely inhales vigorously the energy dry.

In the future I’d love to see better use of replays on the screen and also It would be cool to have some score updates from other games pop up on some short timeouts. It usually keeps the crowd in it during the breaks and it’s so easy to do.

Also no more air guitar contests, that stuff is cringeworthy to watch.

4. Default Re: Paulson Experience This Season?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I’d give them an A

the only negative that I can think of is the commercials. They’re distracting and poorly timed. The Georgia...Southern... chant shouldn’t be drowned out by a stupid ad. Or on a 3rd down timeout. Completely inhale vigorouslys the energy dry.

In the future I’d love to see better use of replays on the screen and also It would be cool to have some score updates from other games pop up on some short timeouts. It usually keeps the crowd in it during the breaks and it’s so easy to do.

Also no more air guitar contests, that stuff is cringeworthy to watch.
    I like your ideas.

I often wonder about replays as well. A lot of times, I really want to see whether the call was correct, but it’s done stupid commercial.

I’m also thinking a new tradition of fans taking the field after a win might be good. I don’t think think the goalposts are in danger anymore.

We just need another home win.

5. Default Re: Paulson Experience This Season?

I am wondering whether a special promotion to get a birthday or anniversary or wedding proposal on the big screen might be a good idea.

Seems fun, and could scare up some revenue.

Another suggestion would be to revamp the ticket site. It’s complicated for no reason, and the process for buying season tix is not easy or transparent

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I am wondering whether a special promotion to get a birthday or anniversary or wedding proposal on the big screen might be a good idea.

Seems fun, and could scare up some revenue.

Another suggestion would be to revamp the ticket site. It’s complicated for no reason, and the process for buying season tix is not easy or transparent
    can't disagree with this. I’m pretty tech savvy and I had to call to make sure my stuff was properly documented as paid for.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

I think they've done a pretty good job the last couple of games balancing when to play music and when to let the band play.

The only real thing I can say I don't like is the air guitar contest and the stupid pizza eating thing. I know Great Clips and Dominos are sponsors, but surely we can do something other than that. Yikes. I liked the Taco Bell packet race/Braswells thing better.

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

1) Hair guitar is literally the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever seen in my life. It's a dead reaction from people too because they realize it's the dumbest ****ing thing ever. The pizza thing I'm meh on....but an eating contest that's like 15 seconds long is pretty ridiculous as well.

2) Volume normalization on all things played through the speakers. We need to focus on that next year. Some things are still low while others blow you out. Also fix the ref's mic. We didn't have reverb issues the first few years with these speakers so it's not a issue with the speakers themselves.

3) Replays. I like seeing replays in the stadium. We only get one angle....ok fine. I also understand we have a graphic for a sponsor at the beginning of the replays as well. Please make sure the graphic is not overlaying the video BEFORE it starts playing.

4) Section LL Row 1 needs drainage. There was a fairly significant puddle from all the rain this week. During the App game, the puddle steadily grew throughout the game. There are several spots along row 1 on the deck that puddle up, but from what I've been able to see it's the worst. There's no excuse.....if significant rainfall were to occur there would be ankle deep water easy. That's 4 year old construction, it shouldn't be holding water like that.

5) Security has been much better after the first or second game. They finally started looking at the clear bags and not digging through everything, the only thing is when I've had my stadium cup I've had to tell them it's empty but they never took it out. That has made the entry process a lot faster.

6) Security did not take stubs off parking passes this game. Nee dot be consistent on the policy. I'd like to see us give a "tougher" parking pass, more like plastic. The paper ones are difficult to hang without tearing them. A plastic tag with an easy to hang hook would be a lot nicer for next year. They could still have break off stubs or we could start scanning passes (and selling game day passes for unsold spots).

7) The RAC has died. It either needs to be opened up or game day parking needs to be available for purchase there. It's a ghost town.

8) Stainless steel Stadium Cups again next year please. Those were awesome.

I'm sure I'll have some more as time goes by.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    1) Hair guitar is literally the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever seen in my life. It's a dead reaction from people too because they realize it's the dumbest ****ing thing ever. The pizza thing I'm meh on....but an eating contest that's like 15 seconds long is pretty ridiculous as well.
    I agree. At least do a kick for cash, or condiment race, or even the "find Gus" thing that is done at the basketball game would be better than that. You could fill up some time with the "kids call the game" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    2) Volume normalization on all things played through the speakers. We need to focus on that next year. Some things are still low while others blow you out. Also fix the ref's mic. We didn't have reverb issues the first few years with these speakers so it's not a issue with the speakers themselves.
    We need speakers on the Bishop building as well. Those of us under the Deck on the South side cannot hear most of everything on the sound system.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

I had my parking pass torn today, and pretty sure they have every game. They've never even looked at my clear bag once. I don't have much in it, just things like my camera batteries, keys, phone, wallet, etc.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"