TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Eagles v Trojans Predictions

Default Re: Eagles v Trojans Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    im now very careful especially after the way we played, I wouldn't touch this game with a 10 foot pole. Now if we played great last week I'd be all over this game. I still think we win but not strong enough to put 100-200 dollars on it.
    Smart man. If we had 2-3 seasons of CCL head coaching experience to stand behind, it would be easier to see how this team responds. As it stands, this is the first REAL adversity they've faced. The only other one I can think of is the TxSt-NMSU stretch. Everyone was unhappy after TxSt, offense played awful. But then we come out against NMSU and fall behind 14-0 quickly, but the offense gathers itself and puts on one of the best performances all season. Troy is much better than NMSU, but the game is also at home. This one is too tough to call.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Smart man. If we had 2-3 seasons of CCL head coaching experience to stand behind, it would be easier to see how this team responds. As it stands, this is the first REAL adversity they've faced. The only other one I can think of is the TxSt-NMSU stretch. Everyone was unhappy after TxSt, offense played awful. But then we come out against NMSU and fall behind 14-0 quickly, but the offense gathers itself and puts on one of the best performances all season. Troy is much better than NMSU, but the game is also at home. This one is too tough to call.
    we have been so inconsistent on offense but up untill last week we were very consistent on defense. I'm not sure how we will respond Saturday. We have a history of beating Troy, match up pretty well. Again Luke warm in thinking we win. Part of me thinks if they win it will be a curb stomping win, I think we win a close game if you know what I mean by that. I'm not sure offensively we can curb stomp anyone yet. Maybe in 2019, 2020.

3. Default Re: Eagles v Trojans Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    Troy actually opened as a point and a half favorite but line has shifted to the Eagles by a point.
    Back to Troy -1... a lot of movement on this game.

[QUOTE=GATAlac El Dorado;937506]
    Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post

That's what I'm saying - their WR's didn't run past us, at least not until they caught the pass underneath. We didn't get beat 'over the top'. These were the same kind of passes we've allowed all season, but we got out of position to make the tackles after the catch. I don't think it's so much what they did differently, we just had execution or assignment-discipline issues. I think we just mentally broke down, due to whatever, but hopefully we'll have our minds right going forward.

I could be wrong but I think our other opponents threw that slant to possession type receivers who did not have great speed. ULM kept hitting number 3 on it and that young man has some jets and burned us after the catch.

5. Default Re: Eagles v Trojans Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    I could be wrong but I think our other opponents threw that slant to possession type receivers who did not have great speed. ULM kept hitting number 3 on it and that young man has some jets and burned us after the catch.
    We got beat on those passes early because we were bringing extra bodies up to stop their run game. About midway through the 2nd quarter we dropped more guys back and the passing game basically shut down. They ate us up on the zone read though.

Just a bad matchup and they were on fire. It happens.

[QUOTE=gwinnetteagle88;937586]
    Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post

Man, if DeBesse our OC/wide receiver coach could find a burner like ULM's #3, that would certainly help this offense.

7. Default Re: Eagles v Trojans Predictions

I’d just like to see us punt less.

We have got to convert better.

I think teams have figured out what’s coming. We almost always run the same stuff in the same sequence. Got to figure out some way to keep out of 4th and 2 situations.

Our offense almost demands that we go for it (field position dependent of course) yet we never do.

We punt on fourth and two or less far too much. That isn’t Georgia Southern football.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

9. Default Re: Eagles v Trojans Predictions

Based on how fast tickets are moving right now, I'm going to amend my original prediction of 14k and say we have somewhere between 17-19k

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Based on how fast tickets are moving right now, I'm going to amend my original prediction of 14k and say we have somewhere between 17-19k
    Gonna be in the 22k range, particularly if we sell 1-2k walk up tickets, which is what someone on this board has said before .... Plus, the weather is going to be absolutely perfect!
    Heath Vickers
    Degree from Georgia Southern - BBA in Accounting in 2006
    Jacksonville, Florida