TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Oh the Crazy world of college football

Default Re: Oh the Crazy world of college football

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I agree. I've resigned myself to the fact that until something major changes, we could very easily be in the same shoes as UCF and be shut out too. It would inhale vigorously and we would whine just as much as they are, but the reality is as long as we are G5 we are not in the same game as the P5 and they will never let us into the party.
    Bingo. Listen, I'm not trying to be negative but the reality is NO G5 team will EVER be in the final 4. EVER. Attempting to come up with scenarios that would make it is "pie in the sky" thinking. The best we can achieve is what UCF did last season, that is/was the pinical of G5 FBS football.

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    If we go undefeated NEXT year while absolutely dominating everyone in our conference by 20+ points, and beat an LSU that otherwise goes undefeated, and beat a Minnesota that wins their division or conference, and APP, Troy and stAte all win 9+ games and they and the rest of the Belt dominate OOC, and most of the top 8-10 teams all have 2 or more losses including ugly late season upsets and/or lose their CCG’s to unranked or barely ranked opponents, and we somehow got ranked early in the season and kept climbing, and if you squint your eyes just right . . .

it could happen.
    did I tell you in two years I'll be 6'5"?

For now, the best a G5 can do is go undefeated and win the Access bowl.

So many say if you go undefeated several years in a row, start each next season ranked higher and keep ending up in the top 10, then they might consider that G5 for the current playoff system. Then the talking heads turn around (rotating 360 degrees ) and say that the playoff committee is about THIS year, what they did last year makes no difference. All the while giving credit to programs like Norte Dame because they were awesome 50 years ago!!!

Riddle me this: what G5 could even hold onto their coaching staff for more than two years of being undefeated and winning back to back access bowls?
    You show me that program and I'll show you a team whose mascot is a 🦄 , cause that team only exist in fairytale land.

So we know the best we could do FOR NOW. We will get the playoff expanded.
    IT WILL HAPPEN.
    I'm torn right now though, because I almost have to pull for UGA to upset Alabama in the SEC championship.
    Because if that's Alabama's only loss, they are still in and they'll have to take the team that beat them. Then I've got to hope Norte Dame wins out (something I don't really like). In that situation, we are going to get 3 power five champions "screwed" out of the playoff. It's probably what is best for college football in the long run if it helps expand the playoffs. Big team little me I guess, then I hope UGA gets clobbered in week one.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    did I tell you in two years I'll be 6'5"?
    Garns, you can be anything you want to be. You just have to believe!

BTW, did everyone tell you that you were on tv again? Commercial break, going or coming, can't remember which.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

5. Default Re: Oh the Crazy world of college football

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post

So many say if you go undefeated several years in a row, start each next season ranked higher and keep ending up in the top 10, then they might consider that G5 for the current playoff system. Then the talking heads turn around (rotating 360 degrees ) and say that the playoff committee is about THIS year, what they did last year makes no difference. All the while giving credit to programs like Norte Dame because they were awesome 50 years ago!!!

Riddle me this: what G5 could even hold onto their coaching staff for more than two years of being undefeated and winning back to back access bowls?
    You show me that program and I'll show you a team whose mascot is a �� , cause that team only exist in fairytale land.

IT WILL HAPPEN.
    I'm torn right now though, because I almost have to pull for UGA to upset Alabama in the SEC championship.
    Because if that's Alabama's only loss, they are still in and they'll have to take the team that beat them. Then I've got to hope Norte Dame wins out (something I don't really like). In that situation, we are going to get 3 power five champions "screwed" out of the playoff. It's probably what is best for college football in the long run if it helps expand the playoffs. Big team little me I guess, then I hope UGA gets clobbered in week one.
    Agree with your logic, just will never pull for ugag or the sec period.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Agree with your logic, just will never pull for ugag or the sec period.
    Yeah, it's H A R D to do.
    But if it opens the door for G5 access to the playoff it might be a necessary evil.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Garns, you can be anything you want to be. You just have to believe!

BTW, did everyone tell you that you were on tv again? Commercial break, going or coming, can't remember which.
    you mean like the little train that could? "I think I can, I think I can......."

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post

You show me that program and I'll show you a team whose mascot is a 濾 , cause that team only exist in fairytale land.

IT WILL HAPPEN.
    Even if they expand the playoffs, you'll only get MAYBE one G5 allowed in. I don't see the P5's ever doing something like a 16 team playoff with all conference champs and 6 at larges. They want to keep all the money in their hands and will dole it out to us one pay day game at a time.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

9. Default Re: Oh the Crazy world of college football

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Bingo. Listen, I'm not trying to be negative but the reality is NO G5 team will EVER be in the final 4. EVER. Attempting to come up with scenarios that would make it is "pie in the sky" thinking. The best we can achieve is what UCF did last season, that is/was the pinical of G5 FBS football.
    Neither will Rutgers, or Kansas or Vanderbilt or Maryland, etc., etc., not everybody can be in contention of a NC, thatís what makes it so special. Thatís no reason to make a IAA 2.0 playoff race that nobody will care about.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Neither will Rutgers, or Kansas or Vanderbilt or Maryland, etc., etc., not everybody can be in contention of a NC, that’s what makes it so special. That’s no reason to make a IAA 2.0 playoff race that nobody will care about.
    Those 4 schools you mention sure do have a better shot at making it than any G5. See those four schools are "family", we ain't.