TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Monroe

Default Re: Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Appreciate all the efforts on stats and analysis, but having been to Monroe on several occasions, we better be 100% ready to go or we will get beat. If the team believes they are as good as the fans seem to think, we will get beat. Our margin for error is razor thin with the attitude of this team being a big plus factor. If that slips much then lookout!! I'm hoping that we've already had a couple of road games where it seemed to me that we were not ready to go. I'm hoping that I just worry too much.
    You’re thinking about Northeast Louisiana, not ULM. These guys don’t have Roosevelt Potts. They haven’t won a I-AA championship in 31 years.
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

2. Default Re: Monroe

It is one thing to say all of the right things but it is another thing to bring the emotion and focus to a game. The players and coaches are all saying right things but it is hard to get up emotionally at a high level every week. The atmosphere at Monroe this coming Saturday will be completely different from Paulson this past Thursday. I personally think we are in for a very tough game.

3. Default Re: Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    You’re thinking about Northeast Louisiana, not ULM. These guys don’t have Roosevelt Potts. They haven’t won a I-AA championship in 31 years.
    I believe it's the same school. Name changed. I do get your point though. Let's just hope it is an easy win either way. Maybe my fear of these road games is over blown, but if Tex St and NMS are indicators it will be plenty tough.

He we go again with the mighty ULM jive . Don't forget they got that All-American little QB. Little Caleb. By now if you don't think our defense is for real and improving within our new system, man I don't know what to tell you. The offense put up 34 on arguably the best defense in the SB. This coaching staff will not let the kids get overconfident, this is a "blue collar football team" and they will bei going to work this Saturday. Notice too with this team, no trash talking, hand the ball directly to official and get "back to work". As each week passes I'm liking what I'm seeing, more and more.

5. Default Re: Monroe

I've went back and looked at every game they've played drive by drive. This team doesn't seem very good to me. The troy game they were never in. Gag st held them scoreless for nearly 40 minutes. Ccu started a true freshman and shot themselves in the foot. As long as we keep playing eagle football, this has the potential to be a blowout. CCL and staff will have these guys motivated. The kids know whats on the line and still have that chip on their shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    I've went back and looked at every game they've played drive by drive. This team doesn't seem very good to me. The troy game they were never in. Gag st held them scoreless for nearly 40 minutes. Ccu started a true freshman and shot themselves in the foot. As long as we keep playing eagle football, this has the potential to be a blowout. CCL and staff will have these guys motivated. The kids know whats on the line and still have that chip on their shoulder.
    thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    You're bucking for week 9 fan of the week, aren't you?
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    thank you.
    Indy is just pointing out that no game is a given and we better be on our toes against ULM. They won't sink like the titanic.

9. Default Re: Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    You're bucking for week 9 fan of the week, aren't you?
    Took like 15-20 minutes. Lol. I just wanted to get an idea on how they played. They may play out of their minds but i don't they have seen a defense like ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I believe it's the same school. Name changed. I do get your point though. Let's just hope it is an easy win either way. Maybe my fear of these road games is over blown, but if Tex St and NMS are indicators it will be plenty tough.
    It's the same school; I'm just wondering if your perspective is a bit outdated.