TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Monroe

Default Monroe

Always read but rarely post... need to be worried about one thing... Louisiana Monroe. This will be one of the most difficult games of the season coming off the high of last week. This team is fully capable of winning every remaining game it has, but right now they can’t play all the remaining games... they can only play one and it’s against Monroe. Monroe has had some great stretches of football this year and their 4-4 could easily be 6-2. We are not that good and now we are playing with a target on our back. The players read the Boards... we like they need to be focused on one thing. Last week and national rankings go down the tube if you lose on the road... just ask App State.

Default Re: Monroe

Good post. Logically, fans posts don't mean diddly. I believe in karma and hate to see energy put out that counts unhatched chickens. Every team on the schedule is capable of defeating us.

I agree with most of your post except one for one thing. We are a very good football team!
    We run about six plays, just see if you can stop 'em---- Paul Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    Good post. Logically, fans posts don't mean diddly. I believe in karma and hate to see energy put out that counts unhatched chickens. Every team on the schedule is capable of defeating us.
    I agree. We are (and should be) favorites, but we’re not some juggernaut that should beat them all by multiple touchdowns.

And that, my friends, means that this season has gotten real fun all of the sudden.

To use a baseball analogy, we’re a scrappy knuckleballer who’s four tough outs away from a no-hitter.

Anybody watched much Monroe this season?

Do they still have the DC whose unit gave up so many points to DeBesse’s offense in 2016?
    Last edited by pete4256; 29th October 2018 at 06:47 PM.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I can tell we are winning again because people are back to thinking the fans not focusing on the next game could cost the team this week’s game.

"Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.

6. Default Re: Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    I agree. We are (and should be) favorites, but we’re not some juggernaut that should beat them all by multiple touchdowns.

And that, my friends, means that this season has gotten real fun all of the sudden.

To use a baseball analogy, we’re a scrappy knuckleballer who’s four tough outs away from a no-hitter.

Anybody watched much Monroe this season?

Do they still have the DC whose unit gave up so many points to DeBesse’s offense in 2016?
    Yes they do.

7. Default Re: Monroe

Does ULM have a fan forum? I can't seem to find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    Yes they do.
    DeBesse said on the radio show tonight that he and the ULM DC were good friends and have faced each other a number of times. Going to come down to the Jimmys and Joes with a little bit of the unknown in DeBesse's pocket. He also said that we've got a good bit of the passing offense that no one has seen yet....

9. Default Re: Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by seagle View Post
    I agree with most of your post except one for one thing. We are a very good football team!
    We are an extremely good Paulson team!

I hope we figured out whatever made us really bad in NMSU.

Got to get that kicked out of the locker room!

Im really hoping we can come back to earth and focus on this game.

Last week was incredible! We know what this team can do-we just need to see focus and discipline on the road.

Let’s not kid ourselves: road games are are hard. BUT let’s not make them harder than they should be!

I'm not worried about us losing the chip on our shoulder...at least not yet. That's the upside of beating App without their starting QB and being 3 games removed from a scare at Texas State and having statistics which don't resemble a 7-1 team. I think we have a first-rate motivator as a head coach as well.

One area where we might be getting complacent though is ball security. I don't think it's out of the question for us to finish the season with the best turnover differential in the FBS, but you just can't win the turnover battle every game. Waiting for that game where we need to overcome a negative turnover differential to win it.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.