TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 24

1. Default Re: 24

Please no ranking If we going to ranked do it after conference championship.

Default Re: 24

Based on all the loses yesterday we should be in the top 30.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

We need to be ranked SOON in order to get into the conversation. Then win out BIG and hope UCF, Houston and Fresno fade . Welcome to the FBS

I would love to see us ranked but not yet. Let us get thru this coming week and Troy and then rank us. Like flying right now under the radar.

5. Default Re: 24

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Yes, that would be fantastic. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. One game at a time.
    Yeah, thatís kind of the reason to hope for a ranking now.

Fingers crossed for a ranking soon. Great boost for the program, and recruiting this off-season, even if we do not hold onto it. It is easier crack the top 25 once you have already done it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    We need to be ranked SOON in order to get into the conversation. Then win out BIG and hope UCF, Houston and Fresno fade . Welcome to the FBS
    Yep I don't get the "I hope we aren't ranked" talk. I know it's beyond a lot of peoples' wildest imagination, but a big bowl game could be within our grasp. It's why we moved up in the first place.

Canít get ranked within the top 20 if you donít get on the board early. IF we get in at 25 this week and IF we win out, who knows where we land at season end.

^^ This. The earlier we get on the board the easier it will be to climb of we continue to win.
    "I've seen more heat in an Easy Bake Oven, Meat!"

Carlton Stewart
    c/o 2010, CIT
    Eagle fan since 1999
    Bronze Eagle since 2011
    North Augusta, South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    Yep I don't get the "I hope we aren't ranked" talk. I know it's beyond a lot of peoples' wildest imagination, but a big bowl game could be within our grasp. It's why we moved up in the first place.
    "It'll put a target on our back!"

1) Bring it on.

2) Yea, cuz Troy really needs motivation in a game that gives the winner a home conference championship game.

Being ranked is fun. Football is fun. Bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    Yeah, it's bat-**** insane, but the highest prize in the G5 has gone from unthinkable to laughable to remote chance to small. And doing well could get us in the conversation next season.

I also don't get that some people think we're setting up insane expectations by talking about this. It's going to take a pretty big collapse for this season to not top 98% of our fan base's preseason expectations. I doubt anyone's going to be mad after 2-10.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

REgardling football Scheduling.