TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 41 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Vs Mountaineers Game Thread 2018

1. Default Eagles Vs Mountaineers Game Thread 2018

I wasn't sure what other thread to post this in so I went ahead and started a game thread

Nice write up in the AJC about this matchup: https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regi...GAm1jLhoeYzJN/

"This will be a big-time challenge," Lunsford said. "On paper I don't know if we've got a chance. I hope our players will step up and play over their heads and give us a shot."

I hope that's just Lunsford trying too hard to be humble. Not exactly the hype I've come to expect from him right before a rivalry game.

Default Re: Eagles Vs Mountaineers Game Thread 2018

That's straight out of Erk's book.

Known as poor-mouthin'.

4. Default Re: Eagles Vs Mountaineers Game Thread 2018

It's the truth and what has to happen in order for us to win. I love that response.

Danny Gamboa's Casa de Autos!!!

6. Default Re: Eagles Vs Mountaineers Game Thread 2018

I agree with him, on paper we don't seem to have a chance. That's why we don't play them on paper. GATA

David was a 6 touchdown underdog to Goliath.

8. Default Re: Eagles Vs Mountaineers Game Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I wasn't sure what other thread to post this in so I went ahead and started a game thread

Nice write up in the AJC about this matchup: https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regi...GAm1jLhoeYzJN/

"This will be a big-time challenge," Lunsford said. "On paper I don't know if we've got a chance. I hope our players will step up and play over their heads and give us a shot."

I hope that's just Lunsford trying too hard to be humble. Not exactly the hype I've come to expect from him right before a rivalry game.
    Glad he said that. Feeding into the Appy hoopla while telling our guys "do your job and GATA and we will win".

On paper, we have outrecruited them almost every year since we moved up. They are not more talented than we are. They have just had more consistency in their coaching staff and system, and they are very good at what they do.

If we continue to play like we have been playing, limiting mistakes and big plays, then we will have a good chance to come out on top in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post

I wish we had someone from the 1989 team who could tell us about all the b.s. that was fed to them (by coaches and staff) about Montana being the I-AA equivalent of the '85 Bears going into that playoff game.

Sigh. Sad now.
    Last edited by pete4256; 24th October 2018 at 03:55 PM.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops