TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: App State Score Prediction

Default Re: App State Score Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    For my actual prediction....

I think this'll resemble App's match vs ULL score wise. I think our rush defense is good enough to hold their attack in check for the most part, but I don't think our offense will be able to do much against them. For comparison, ULL was averaging a little over 6 YPC before their game, and App held them to 3.4. Their linebackers are too fast on the outside for me to believe we can create big plays there, and I still don't have any faith in our interior run game. I would be pleasantly surprised if our offense scored more than 20 points. Now if our defense can generate turnovers on App's side of the field, we will have a shot. But it's going to take a perfect gameplan in my opinion for us to pull this one off.
    KD223- "Now if our defense can generate turnovers on App's side of the field, we will have a shot. But it's going to take a perfect gameplan in my opinion for us to pull this one off."

I agree with your post. You last statement is the key. GSU will have to play there best game of the year to win, but we have done this before.

Check your pm.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    KD223- "Now if our defense can generate turnovers on App's side of the field, we will have a shot. But it's going to take a perfect gameplan in my opinion for us to pull this one off."

I agree with your post. You last statement is the key. GSU will have to play there best game of the year to win, but we have done this before.

Check your pm.
    It is possible App could just have a bad game as well. Who knows, neither of us have beaten anyone outside of ArkSt. Outside of the eyeball test there is nothing to base them being UCF just yet. I have not seen anything but the last few minutes of the PSU game.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    It is possible App could just have a bad game as well. Who knows, neither of us have beaten anyone outside of ArkSt. Outside of the eyeball test there is nothing to base them being UCF just yet. I have not seen anything but the last few minutes of the PSU game.
    Bingo! We can beat them, not a doubt in my mind.

Majestic Birds of Prey win 28-24
    The Cliffs of Insanity
    #newsflash
    www.247sports.com/porkchopratings

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Goats scurry for shade, mountaineer mascot in Alumni booth drinking moonshine, App cheerleaders switch to Eagle sidelines cheering for whatever they cheer about. Satterfield keeps heading toward the team locker room to relieve himself. Yeah this is a going to be a good game for us. Go Eagles!

6. Default Re: App State Score Prediction

I haven't kept up with Appy and I know they are ranked but I hardly believe they are the juggernaut their fans seem to think they are. When you look at their schedule they almost beat Penn State
    but didn't close the deal. Since that game I think we have seen that Penn State is not quite as good as the preseason polls thought. A couple of other wins were against Gardner Webb and Charlotte, not exactly powerhouses. Also comparing scores of other games is basically a waste of time. I think it will be a close game but Georgia Southern wins 27-24.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Goats scurry for shade, mountaineer mascot in Alumni booth drinking moonshine, App cheerleaders switch to Eagle sidelines cheering for whatever they cheer about. Satterfield keeps heading toward the team locker room to relieve himself. Yeah this is a going to be a good game for us. Go Eagles!
    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Bingo! We can beat them, not a doubt in my mind.
    I don't think App has to have a bad game for GSU to beat them. What GSU needs to do though is to bring the O & D together after all the games we have played to seal the deal.

Nah, App State has to play poorly. Our best can't match their best.

In 2013 GSU lost to App. but beat Florida 26-20. GSU was 7-4 that year.

App almost beati a P5 school & I'm glad for them. They now are ranked #25 in a poll.

I always want our opponents to be unbeaten or have a great record before we play them. WE beat them and we move up faster.

This game will help show how far we have progressed over the last 2 years & I hope it all comes together in this game!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Nah, App State has to play poorly. Our best can't match their best.
    A bad game for APP will be produced by how well our Defense and Offense play. It is up to the GSU players and coaches to make it come true