TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Attendance for App St game

Default Re: Attendance for App St game

Quote Originally Posted by asu1978 View Post
    May I add we will be playing UNC-CH in Boone and also in BoA stadium in Charlotte.We will also be playing USC- Columbia in Boone,Also G5 power ECU in Boone and BoA stadium.What P5 power will you be playing in Statesboro?(Those games are CONFIRMED!)
    Bragging about having Charlotte and ECU going to Boone? ECU a G5 power? Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by KCEagle View Post
    And another thing...you can watch football all season long and you will not find a more packed house or better game atmosphere than when Georgia Southern and Appalachian play and both teams are good. Both Statesboro and Boone. I don't know that there's a better atmosphere anywhere else in the G5 minus the AAC. We just need to start getting 25k+ consistently.
    This. +1

3. Default Re: Attendance for App St game

Quote Originally Posted by KCEagle View Post
    I've been harping on the students for not showing up in huge numbers. No more. Awesome job, students. I don't know what the student count was but I know it doesn't matter because the ones there were loud and stood in the rain for 3+ hours. College is for degrees, finding a job, yada yada, but it's also for finding lifelong friends and creating memories to last a lifetime. Our students finally got a taste of that experience last night that so many of us on this board have had, and I hope it keeps'em coming back for more. What a night! Are we having fun now or what?!?
    Yes having fun at Paulson is one of my lifelong memories!!! I think last night was huge for this program! Thanks and congrats to all of EagleNation. On an unrelated note, see the attached photo/link on Georgia State's stadium. https://www.savannahnow.com/sports/2...eball---sort-o

Cardboard cutouts in the stands?

4. Default Re: Attendance for App St game

Quote Originally Posted by asu1978 View Post
    May I add we will be playing UNC-CH in Boone and also in BoA stadium in Charlotte.We will also be playing USC- Columbia in Boone,Also G5 power ECU in Boone and BoA stadium.What P5 power will you be playing in Statesboro?(Those games are CONFIRMED!)
    This is the saddest post. Bragging about hosting two bottom dwelling G5's lmao. ECU is not a G5 power right now. Get real.

We'll be hosting BYU in Statesboro. BYU has won football national championships and is by all accounts a P5. USC has won zero national championships.

Student Attendance literally doubled last night

7000 give or take
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Well, the attendance might be reeling, but at least the fund raising hasn't taken a hit...

https://gseagles.com/news/2018/10/24...ndraising.aspx
    $80k over last year - $450k from anonymous family and CCL and $50k from contributions to be matched. I see that as $420k shortfall. I wonder how much was raised by Kirby Smart at the PAC?

Very, very proud of everyone that came out last night. Sure, had it not rained we probably would have had a packed house.

But you know what? There were nearly 20,000 loud Eagle fans that embraced the cold rain and wind. If we had that many people show up for App, let's pack this thing out for Troy!

Go Eagles!
    Heath Vickers
    Degree from Georgia Southern - BBA in Accounting in 2006
    Jacksonville, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by TiftEagle View Post
    Yes having fun at Paulson is one of my lifelong memories!!! I think last night was huge for this program! Thanks and congrats to all of EagleNation. On an unrelated note, see the attached photo/link on Georgia State's stadium. https://www.savannahnow.com/sports/2...eball---sort-o

Cardboard cutouts in the stands?
    https://www.savannahnow.com/sports/2...ball---sort-of

You dropped a letter
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Interesting because the last season they showed the Sun Trust Park media room when he was calling the Braves. I saw it on a preseason tour last year so I know exactly what it looks like. But the crowd stadium shots were not of STP.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I made it to the game despite a very sore knee and ankle.....so glad I made it. The cold, wind and rain didn't faze me much until the last 5 minutes. Thanks to the shuttle bus people for quick service with a bigger crowd. Sure was nice to get in my big truck and get the heater going.