TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Power of Paulson!!

Default Re: Power of Paulson!!

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    There's more hard surfaces with oblique angles to the field than in the past, it should be louder now actually. With the original North stands and the open hill, there was way too many shallow angles that would allow sound to escape.
    There are. But the angles are different so I wonder if the sound bounces differently now? Whatever reason, it doesn't seem as loud (to me) on the home side.

Yes... it's still plenty loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    It was very loud in person. Lots of noise on 3rd and 4th downs. Louder than the first 2 games for sure.
    LITERALLY my only complaint about Section E is how much they want to sit on their hands. They all finally got into it last night, but boy did it take a while.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

I have a decimel meter on my phone. Just a tick over 95db in Section D at the end. I'm sure it was a bit louder on the student side.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    It was very loud in person. Lots of noise on 3rd and 4th downs. Louder than the first 2 games for sure.
    In terms of full-game performance of the crowd making noise, this game was the best one since the UTC game where the referee warned Southern Pride and then after that the stadium was shaking from the noise.

The TD on the reverse was among the loudest I can remember the stadium, up there with the blocked field goal against ULM in 2016 and the fumble recovery in OT against App State in 2010.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

The Southern Pride Warning was the loudest I can remember

But it doesn’t seem as loud to me as in years past
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Does anyone know what last nights announced attendance was??

First game since the upgrades, and first game on the upper deck. My impression up there was the stadium was not loud at all. However, it’s the upper deck and I get that it’s probably how the acoustics work. Glad to hear that the stadium was rocking! Also, my two cents, that Jumbotron is great and all, but steals some of the grass roots fun we used to have. We didn’t have the constant commercial between plays, and made our own noise (occasionally heckling the opposing team, etc). Many fewer whose house our house and Georgia southern chants that really bring the crowd together and truly make it a hostile place to play in. Still happy with the experience! Go Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by GATA2020 View Post
    Does anyone know what last nights announced attendance was??
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrown2004 View Post
    First game since the upgrades, and first game on the upper deck. My impression up there was the stadium was not loud at all. However, it’s the upper deck and I get that it’s probably how the acoustics work. Glad to hear that the stadium was rocking! Also, my two cents, that Jumbotron is great and all, but steals some of the grass roots fun we used to have. We didn’t have the constant commercial between plays, and made our own noise (occasionally heckling the opposing team, etc). Many fewer whose house our house and Georgia southern chants that really bring the crowd together and truly make it a hostile place to play in. Still happy with the experience! Go Eagles!
    If you're near the back of the deck up top you can get a bit disconnected from the crowd. The first year when the deck was opened I was back there and didn't like it that much.

On the front row though you get all the noise.

It was plenty loud last night. Usually the windows in the press box make everything some version of a dull roar, but there were moments where the cheers pierced through the glass and made it legitimately loud up there.

Kind of hard to compare one roar to another, especially because of how they happen. The final TD was loud as hell, but it was a roar that built up as the crowd went from cheering for a first down, to hoping the rush left would work, to realizing the reverse was on, to seeing that Arky State was fooled, to urging Kennedy down the sideline.

That roar took its time to reach its crescendo, so it might not have felt like the biggest outburst ever. Personally, the loudest I remember was the INT against Furman to seal the win in 2005. That was almost the exact opposite of last night's run as the crowd had nervous energy and was leaking confidence as Furman drove, only to let it all out in one split second.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.