TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ark State Game Thoughts

Default Re: Ark State Game Thoughts

As Erk would say 28 is more than 21.
    After the past two years I am going to sit back and enjoy this win for a few days.
    We are halfway to being bowl eligible,
    The players are motivated and enjoying playing football again and it shows.

Most of the RW fans said they would win by 24+.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOops!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

3. Default Re: Ark State Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I guess it's kinda the same way in 2013 against App we missed an open receiver downfield one-on-one, so screw that and let's run up the middle with Irving Huggins all day.

I like the fact that DeBesse comes out with things in critical situations like the reverse and those pass plays at the end of the first half against UMass that our opponents haven't seen yet, but I don't get how many times we go up the middle.

Your point is also my concern.

I'd really REALLY like someone to explain why we keep trying to run Fields up the gut. He got through a couple of times, but out of the seemingly dozen or so times that play was run, it only seemed to work a couple times. Reminds me a LOT of seeing Breida get stuff a zillion times.

I don't know whether the problem is with the o-line, or what else it could be. But if we want to win some more games, we have GOT to stop running up the middle for a 1 or 2 yard gain (or loss.)

I think we should have at least given CJ Wright that ball a couple of times if we were gonna run that play so many times. He's so big, that I bet he would almost always be good for 5 or more.

Time stamp for the illegal block penalty. It wasn't more than 5 yards from the LoS, so it's not illegal right? What am I missing?

https://youtu.be/Tc-y7L3rdf4?t=3120

Time stamp for the Fields TD pass. As stated before, that's not a blown assignment, just an exploitation.

https://youtu.be/Tc-y7L3rdf4?t=3229

Time stamp for the reverse play. I don't understand why option coaches don't run this play more. Completely prevents the other teams from letting their safeties from just dart to the side the play is on right away.

https://youtu.be/Tc-y7L3rdf4?t=8608
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

We run IZ because you have to in this offense. It has to be the staple. The problem is we just call a play and run it with complete disregard to how the defense is set up. So if we call IZ and they have 8 in the box we just have to hope we can gain a couple yards and try again. There’s no checking out of it because we huddle like it’s 1998.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

We're up to #70 nationally in the composite after the win. One poll has us as high as #28 (!) http://www.squaregear.net/football/

Maybe Iím confused on my college clock rules, but on the final offensive drive the ref was winding the clock on first downs well before the ball was set. Whatís the rule on that? I thought on first downs it stopped until it was set down for the next play (but not on snap obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Maybe Iím confused on my college clock rules, but on the final offensive drive the ref was winding the clock on first downs well before the ball was set. Whatís the rule on that? I thought on first downs it stopped until it was set down for the next play (but not on snap obviously).
    The head official was trying to throw the game... In all seriousness, all of the bad calls against us and so many blatent noncalls that shoulda gone in our favor came from that fool. And the ball spotting was questionable at best. I noticed when we had the ball before half, he was running the clock early, but after we scored, he took his sweet time to start it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    The head official was trying to throw the game... In all seriousness, all of the bad calls against us and so many blatent noncalls that shoulda gone in our favor came from that fool. And the ball spotting was questionable at best. I noticed when we had the ball before half, he was running the clock early, but after we scored, he took his sweet time to start it for them.
    Yep I noticed that too at the end. Thatís confused me even more.

I'll agree with just about everyone else on this thread and say that our defense, primarily our secondary, is STOUT. However, towards the middle of the third quarter and start of the fourth quarter our defense was undoubtedly getting tired. Our offense was scoring quickly on drives that we did score, giving our defense little rest time. I believe if we would've had some traditional GS drives, where we go down the field 6-7 minutes at a time, our defense would have been a little sharper and we would have easily beat ArkState by two or more scores.