TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane coming...

Default Re: Hurricane coming...

Quote Originally Posted by cannonballgsu View Post
    NHC release looks unchanged for the most part. I'm just hoping it doesn't slam into Savannah....
    It's showing a potential shift into SC, but not to the degree of the Euro model.

GFS runs again pretty soon, will be interesting to see what it does, as well as the FV3-GFS (which will replace the current GFS next year apparently).

2. Default Re: Hurricane coming...

I think it’ll be canceled ...VT canceled, UNC..seems to be the trend right now just to play it safe

Quote Originally Posted by GSUALLDAY25 View Post
    I think it’ll be canceled ...VT canceled, UNC..seems to be the trend right now just to play it safe
    With the evacuations and all those people, that is the smart and right thing to do IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

VT was cancelled because ECU said they weren't going to travel. VT still wanted to play. From what I'm hearing around here is USC is saying they are monitoring it, but behind closed doors they really want to play their game against Marshall. If the Cocks play, Clemson will not want to cancel.

Last year when GT's game against UCF was cancelled, a lot of the concern wasn't necessarily whether the hurricane was going to hit Orlando where the game was to be played, but the areas impacted related to the players and their families that lived in the areas being impacted by the hurricane (i.e. Miami/Jacksonville). I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled the game tomorrow due to a similar instance. Due to the proximity of both teams to the area, I would think GS and Clemson have a lot of players with family on the SC/NC coast.

(BTW: I hope everyone stays safe if you're on the coast)

6. Default Re: Hurricane coming...

Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    VT was cancelled because ECU said they weren't going to travel. VT still wanted to play. From what I'm hearing around here is USC is saying they are monitoring it, but behind closed doors they really want to play their game against Marshall. If the Cocks play, Clemson will not want to cancel.
    I can’t see Marshall agreeing to fly into that weather. I would think our game has a better chance of being played than USC and I think our chance is slim. Flow is looking to be a big deal.

Word is they have buses ready if they have to drive. I agree with the others who have said tomorrow will probably be the day decisions are made. It doesn't look good with more recent models having Florence taking a turn west.

I will be surprised if we play this game.

South Carolina needs the game to be bowl eligible. Clemson will need it to make the playoffs with how weak the ACC is. They will do everything they can to get this game in.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Remember last year Miami had a game at Arkansas State schedules the weekend Irma hit, but they cancelled it to give coaches a chance to get their homes ready and get out of town before the storm got there. Something they would not have been able to do if preparing for a game. I think something like that will eventually happen with this game. No reason to play this game if it means adding to the gridlock on the roads.