TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulane

Default Re: Tulane

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    LoL. Fritz competed in an FCS conference, so, yeah...
    He had a loaded team in our team (brenda, Ellison, ramsby, offensive line) which was fcs players and played in a crappy fbs conference sunbelt.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

The 2014 offense is second only to 1999 statistically. And that's inheriting a flexbone team and converting to a zone blocking team. We put 900+ yards on two ACC teams that made it to a bowl game. And we lost both of those games, but you guys are comparing offensive schemes.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Yeah Monken really showed me something rolling SC State, Maine, and Wofford in the playoffs. ****. Outta. Here.

FCS playoffs wins are "bigger" than FBS wins... I've heard it all now.
    So the word playoffs doesn't mean more to you than regular season haa. I will never understand this type of thinking. Why play any sport that you cant play for the championship
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    The 2014 offense is second only to 1999 statistically. And that's inheriting a flexbone team and converting to a zone blocking team. We put 900+ yards on two ACC teams that made it to a bowl game. And we lost both of those games, but you guys are comparing offensive schemes.
    No I am saying those were fcs players that did that. It wasn't fritzs guys or scheme or offense. Flex would have done the same thing is all I am saying
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Fritz did a better job with Ellison, Ramsby, and our offensive line than Monken OR Summers.

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    So the word playoffs doesn't mean more to you than regular season haa. I will never understand this type of thinking. Why play any sport that you cant play for the championship
    Yes, I also hold High School playoff wins in higher regard than our FCS regular season wins.

No I am saying those were fcs players that did that. It wasn't fritzs guys or scheme or offense. Flex would have done the same thing is all I am saying
    History says you're wrong.

All those years of us running flexbone against outmanned scrub teams and only Paul Johnson's 1999 juggernaut surpassed Fritz's 2014 performance.

No I am saying those were fcs players that did that.
    Exactly.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Exactly. He chose that. Bohannon over fritz all day long! The fritz love around here is insane, he had zero big wins and inherited a gold mine of a team. They were young And experienced and he even said that was the most talented team he has ever had.
    You are mostly correct. Fritz is a good coach when he has talent, but his second year was worst then his first. He peaked when he was here and we were probably on a downward trend even if he stayed because he didn't recruit well. If Fritz followed TS instead of Monken things would have been a whole lot different.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Yes, I also hold High School playoff wins in higher regard than our FCS regular season wins.
    Savannah State, Idaho, New Mexico State, Georgia State, South Alabama, Texas State and Louisiana-Monroe. Throw in down seasons for Troy and App State for good measure. Yeah, real Murderers' Row, there.