TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Werts Family House Fire

Default Werts Family House Fire

For the benefit of those who haven’t already heard, this week Shai Werts' family lost everything due to a house fire.

To support the family during their time of need, a GoFundMe account has been set up by a relative, thankfully. That being said, any donations made to this page by a Georgia Southern Booster is not permissible per NCAA compliance. Georgia Southern Boosters are only allowed to donate money to a student-athlete at a time of need through a fundraiser sponsored by the Athletic Foundation.

In order to be compliant with the NCAA, we ask that any Georgia Southern Booster who wants to support the Werts Family, donate through this sponsored page created by the Georgia Southern Athletic Foundation.

To donate to the Werts Family, please visit Give.GSEagles.com/WertsFamily.

If writing a check, please make it out to the Athletic Foundation and include "Werts Family" on the memo line. Checks can be sent to the Foundation at PO BOX 8115, Statesboro, GA 30460.

As always, we're grateful for the support Eagle Nation provides to our student-athletes both on and off of the field.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

With Eagle Spirit,
    Steph Neal

Role of Boosters

Boosters play a role in providing student-athletes with a positive experience through their enthusiastic efforts. They can support teams and athletics departments through donations of time and financial resources which help student-athletes succeed on and off the playing field.

Boosters, referred to by the NCAA as “representatives of the institution’s athletic interests,” include anyone who has:

- Provided a donation in order to obtain season tickets for any sport at the university.
    - Participated in or has been a member of an organization promoting the university’s athletics programs.
    - Made financial contributions to the athletic department or to a university booster organization.
    - Arranged for or provided employment for enrolled student-athletes.
    - Assisted or has been requested by university staff to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
    - Assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student athletes or their families.
    - Been involved otherwise in promoting university athletics.

Once an individual is identified as a “representative of the institution’s athletics interests,” the person retains that identity forever.
    Last edited by Georgia Southern Athletics; 11th August 2018 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Define Booster

2. Default Re: Werts Family House Fire

Oh my... this is horrible news... I am so sorry to hear about this misfortune.

Thank you for providing a legal platform for Eagle nation to contribute to the Werts family!

Default Re: Werts Family House Fire

Thanks for the update Steph!
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Donated

Donated.

Also, glad to see the Athletic Department has a way to allow easy donations to a cause. Hope to see this used in more places in the future.

Donated. I can't imagine losing everything like that. Just so glad nobody was hurt.

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

Terrible news. Will donate when I get home

Done. Hopefully the gsufans family will blow this thing up.

Donation made.

Since I am no longer a Booster, does any one have the link to the Go Fund Me Page. terrible thing to happen