TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: I've always wondered

Default I've always wondered

Why has the word "inhale vigorously" always been banned on GSUFans / TSC over the years

Default Re: I've always wondered

I think it actually started when Talon Talk was extremely active. I've been around since 1998 or maybe 1999. Don't quote me but I believe it was a joke by either Blueblood or Eagle22 as board admins.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

we would do countdowns and we would say It's such and such time, this or that is happening and still inhales vigorously. They would change the 5 letter word starting with an s to inhales vigorously.

At least that is how I remember it.
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

I actually used to type out "i-n-h-a-l-e-s . . . " before I realized it automatically corrected the 's' word because I just figured it was a GSUFans thing.

I actually appreciate that 22 quashes cursing or obscene words having experienced other unfiltered forums. Can you imagine how bad this place would be if it was no holds barred?

It actually started way back in the day when some folks got kicked out of basketball game by the athletic admin for saying the now banned word. Complete histrionics, and I did it here as sort of a innocent jab at the absurdity of it.

After a while, it just got funny and became a running joke, so it's just now part of the local rules for this corner of the Internet.

Had nothing to do with Talon Talk.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

I figured it was part of the software. Can’t remember when it wasn’t there.

Almost every other board you go to has that feature

I've only been around since 2002 or 2003 but I always did wonder why we were sensitive to that specific word and not others.