TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Western Michigan Preview

1. Default Re: Western Michigan Preview

Quote Originally Posted by EagleNationRising View Post
    Yep. IIRC 45 points in the 2nd half. Essentially we pulled a Washington vs Georgia State from last year. I wouldn't call it barely won at all
    1 2 3 4 T
    UWG 7 14 0 0 21
    GS 10 0 14 21 45

601 yards on 56 plays (10.7 ypp)

Default Re: Western Michigan Preview

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Didn't we win 45-21 in Hatcher's debut?
    My bad memory. I must have been so shocked by the first half I didn't remember the second.

3. Default Re: Western Michigan Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    My bad memory. I must have been so shocked by the first half I didn't remember the second.
    Like when we were on UGA's 5 yard line in 2012 about to make it 14-10 GS heading into the half....until a chop block was called. Then we missed a field goal. Then Aaron Murray threw 3 passes in about 30 seconds to make it 17-7 at the half.

Still, a bunch of UGA fans around me were talking about how shocked and embarrassed they were that it was that close

Nm
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

I've never been so confused over picking a GS game, we very easily could get beat but I'll go GS 27, WM 24 and yes we will miss one of four PAT attempts.

WMU was down by 34-10 midway through the 3rd.

Also, it was a home game. It's not like they gave Michigan State this epic battle on the road.

Also... last week was bad, so I'm with Garns. I've got faith, but lets hope 70% of that performance was due to WVU's elite game plan.

The problem with the secondary last week was that our corners were not good enough to play single coverage, and our safeties were not there for backup because they were stuck in man coverage themselves. The score was 44-0, but (if I'm not mistaking) on three of the drives that Georgia Southern forced a punt, turnover on downs or a field goal, West Virginia's quarterback missed wide open receivers for sure touchdowns. It could have been worse than it was.

I expect Western Michigan to try the same thing at the start. If our defensive like along with Antoine Williams can bring pressure to force Western Michigan to bring in more blockers I think our defense could be ok. The offense is still a huge question to me. I was one who was very skeptical of Favian Upshaw's ability to be the starter. I think the offense looks better this week, but still not great. I'm going WMU 27 GSU 16 with a missed extra point and 1-3 on field goals after some drives stall out.

People, including me, were down on this team after the WVU game in 2015. Few people expected us to win and nobody expected us to blow Western Michigan our. We will be ok.

9. Default Re: Western Michigan Preview

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    People, including me, were down on this team after the WVU game in 2015. Few people expected us to win and nobody expected us to blow Western Michigan our. We will be ok.
    Great point. OK is the limit going forward. GS can’t recruit well enough for the current system to be anything other than a top 3 SB team.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    Great point. OK is the limit going forward. GS can’t recruit well enough for the current system to be anything other than a top 3 SB team.
    OMG. Then why do you keep hanging around if nothing is going to change for the better?