TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: holgorsen/WVU/GaSo Presser

Default Re: holgorsen/WVU/GaSo Presser

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I had no choice but to update my signature. From now on when anybody even thinks about arguing with me just consult NO_QUARTER!!!

FINALLY, I'm off the hook!!

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    Our defense killed us more than the turnovers did.
    It was a team loss. We've seen it hundreds of times: couple offensive inefficiency with lackluster defense, and a triple option team will bury you.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    It was a team loss. We've seen it hundreds of times: couple offensive inefficiency with lackluster defense, and a triple option team will bury you.
    I would agree with this. However, I still wouldn't point to turnovers as our downfall.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    I would agree with this. However, I still wouldn't point to turnovers as our downfall.
    It was a team loss. Among other factors, the defensive gameplan weighed heavily, IMO.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    he's going BVG, taking players to hotel before a home game, just can't seem to figure that out???
    Keeps the players in a routine. They probably go out of town to stay in a hotel Friday night before home games. Many teams do that.
    1989 15-0 National Champions

"Its not what you have, its what you do with what you have" Erk.

Quote Originally Posted by parr90 View Post
    Keeps the players in a routine. They probably go out of town to stay in a hotel Friday night before home games. Many teams do that.
    I just don't get it. A routine cant be developed by staying home the night before a game? I know for us the past years the team meets at FH for a team dinner. Loading them on a bus and taking them to the Pooler Hotel 8, then dragging them back on game day, just seems to me like a lot of "clutter".(and expense)

7. Default Re: holgorsen/WVU/GaSo Presser

I just don't get it. A routine cant be developed by staying home the night before a game? I know for us the past years the team meets at FH for a team dinner. Loading them on a bus and taking them to the Pooler Hotel 8, then dragging them back on game day, just seems to me like a lot of "clutter".(and expense)
    Maybe it keeps the team away from the moonshine party up in the hills the night before gameday

Quote Originally Posted by acm85 View Post
    Maybe it keeps the team away from the moonshine party up in the hills the night before gameday
    oh I'm sure that is a big part of it, "if there with me less likely they will pull a bone head". My thoughts on that, a bonehead is going to be a bonehead.

Most coaches do this because it gets the team out of town Friday night, because folks hang out around the players dorms trying to see them and or talk to them. That kind of thing. It just gets the players away from having distractions. Many do it. Auburn goes 45 min down the road to Lagrange Ga and stays to get their players out of town night before home games.
    1989 15-0 National Champions

"Its not what you have, its what you do with what you have" Erk.

As several have stated, many teams do it. I'm sure the coaches don't like staying in a hotel; they'd much rather be at home with their families. So they must have a reason, probably several...remove temptation and distraction, team bonding, a routine (it's required for away games so doing it for home games means it's the same routine) etc. Suffice to say, it works. Holgs believes in it enough I believe they are doing it this weekend so the new guys will find it familiar for our game the following weekend.