TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dr. Bartels in Eagle Creek

Default Re: Dr. Bartels in Eagle Creek

I don't care whether our next Prez is male, female, black, white or paisley. ..I just want them to be 100% GSU BLUE in academics, growth in programs, athletics and 110% for our students.

Rr
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzEagle View Post
    I don't think she is interested in taking the job permanently. It seems to be a good fit, oh well.
    if the offer is made, she will take it and close out her outstanding career as the 1st Female President of GS.

3. Default Re: Dr. Bartels in Eagle Creek

I thought the pics from FB were pretty good

This one is great

4. Default Re: Dr. Bartels in Eagle Creek

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    My gut tells me she is going to have the "interim" removed from her title before long. Whether or not that's good for athletics I don't know.
    Rarely, if ever, does the BOR ever promote someone from interim to President at the same university. Main reason is that being at the university for a number of years people form alliances and make enemies. It's an unwritten policy that the BOR seems to have adopted. That's not to say that an interim can't become a president at another university, just usually not at the same one.

Having said all that, I personally hope that the policy is thrown out the window: Jean Bartels has the right stuff and would make a great "permanent" president. Just as Dr. Keel was for athletics, Dr. Bartels would be too.
    The future is NOT something we ENTER. The future is something we CREATE. ...Leonard I. Sweet.
    The future is NOT something we stumble into... it's something we envision, plan for, work for, and make happen. ...Me

[QUOTE=magnificent7;703703]Rarely, if ever, does the BOR ever promote someone from interim to President at the same university. Main reason is that being at the university for a number of years people form alliances and make enemies. It's an unwritten policy that the BOR seems to have adopted. That's not to say that an interim can't become a president at another university, just usually not at the same one.

Having said all that, I personally hope that the policy is thrown out the window: Jean Bartels has the right stuff and would make a great "permanent" president. Just as Dr. Keel was for athletics, Dr. Bartels would be as well.

Having enemies is not always a bad thing. Seems to me that could be an asset. Whatever the case I'm in. Besides she's aligned quite well after today.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor23 View Post
    I don't care whether our next Prez is male, female, black, white or paisley. ..I just want them to be 100% GSU BLUE in academics, growth in programs, athletics and 110% for our students.

Harvo confirmed as next President.

7. Default Re: Dr. Bartels in Eagle Creek

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Alan Tyson for provost!

Harvo.....that may be too far

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    lol BUT, Harvo would carry on the tradition(started by Keel), of GS Presidents love of cigars!