TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Bus

Default Strange Bus

I am riding down 316 headed to Atl and saw two black buses headed the opposite direction. The first was decorated with big name recognizable BCS logos (LSU, OU, MICH, OSU, etc.) They were all over the bus. I didnt see a logo I didnt recognize (no FCS). I also didnt see any G5 schools with exception of...you guessed it. Georgia Southern. The second bus said "Who's In?" And had a 14 foot trailer behind it.

Anybody know what it is and why its in Athens? Didn't see a UGA logo btw but it could have been on the other side.
    Lee Jones
    C/O 2012 B.M. in Music Ed
    Crawford, Ga
    Section C
    OAS AAS LLS

Default Re: Strange Bus

I know that Adidas is investing some $$$ and time into marketing on campus, but some of those schools you listed are Nike shops ... so I have no idea. A quick search on Google doesn't turn up anything immediately, so nothing here.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Maybe that's the major announcement. GS just got an invite to a P5 conference after receiving $150M from some very big boosters and corporate sponsors. They will also announce the expansion of Paulson to 45K and the location of a new 8K seat arena.

Or someone thought it would be funny to replace UF with us just to rub it in.
    Just One More Time!!!

Was there an ESPN logo? Any corporate logo or just college decals?
    Either way good to see us associated with those schools. Great PR.
    Just One More Time!!!

All I can think of is a new company, bowlbus, that takes you to away football games. I actually really like this idea for some away games.

http://ncaa.bowlbus.com

Quote Originally Posted by pickle132 View Post
    All I can think of is a new company, bowlbus, that takes you to away football games. I actually really like this idea for some away games.

http://ncaa.bowlbus.com
    Only problem with that is we are 6 weeks away from the season. I wonder if it had to do with ESPN or Nike or Adidas. It's obviously something corporate.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Honestly i think its for adidas. Their campaign slogan is All In.
    Just One More Time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trueeagle98 View Post
    Honestly i think its for adidas. Their campaign slogan is All In.
    That's what i thought of too when I saw the OP

I was fuzzy on some of the teams but I remember LSU and Ok State clearly...so not adidas. Maybe Nike wooed us back or it might be EPSN.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTrump View Post
    I was fuzzy on some of the teams but I remember LSU and Ok State clearly...so not adidas. Maybe Nike wooed us back or it might be EPSN.
    Nike wooed us? Now that's funny. If you didn't know, Nike acted like they were doing us a favor with the merch deal and pretty much was giving us $0/year. Adidas gave us something like $100K per year for a 3 year contract.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"