TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Information Systems Reunion in Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by southern edumacation View Post
    come on by anyway.
    We'll see. It's hard to get motivated to come to an event strictly for networking when others are reliving old times. I'll talk to the wife about it though.
    "If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

Dusty Fowler
    I.T./B.Mgmt.
    GSUAF Member
    P69 - Section 108

Wish I could go... but I'll be at work in Savannah overseeing the installation of our new UPS system.
    Fun fun fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralze34 View Post
    We'll see. It's hard to get motivated to come to an event strictly for networking when others are reliving old times. I'll talk to the wife about it though.
    And you object to networking with GSU IS alumni? Yes it's definitely about networking. I know people have used it to help a fellow alumni get a job before. We don't discriminate plus you know a few people already that will be there.

Plus booze and food for $10. You can't beat that.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

We have 40 RSVP's so far. It's going to be a great turnout.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Seven would be nice View Post
    Wish I could go... but I'll be at work in Savannah overseeing the installation of our new UPS system.
    Fun fun fun!!
    good luck with that...what is the new ups system going in? i had a 9 month custom project to get worldship to integrate with SAP

Quote Originally Posted by ITEagle View Post
    good luck with that...what is the new ups system going in? i had a 9 month custom project to get worldship to integrate with SAP
    it is a Liebert... pretty big system. right now it can back up a 4kva load for 45 minutes.

The installation went pretty smooth, but about a day later we lost a virtual disk array that had the AD, BES, DNS, DC, Exchange..... everything was lost. We only had a backup for the data not the servers themselves. I ended up working 90 hours in 5 days.

7. Default

haha my fault..that kinda UPS

Quote Originally Posted by ITEagle View Post
    haha my fault..that kinda UPS
    Uninterrupted Power Supply... not United Parcel Service... sorry... I get caught up in the I.T. lingo sometimes...