TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Statesboro Hotels for App State Game

Default Re: Statesboro Hotels for App State Game

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    How do those extra hotels stay open for the 44 non football or graduation weekends of the year?
    Softball/baseball/soccer/cheerleading/etc travel tournaments. I don't know where they hold them (The 'boro or Savannah), but it seems like the hotels have a pretty high booking rate most of the year. I may be wrong about all year, but in the spring it is usually packed, at least on the weekends.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Softball/baseball/soccer/cheerleading/etc travel tournaments. I don't know where they hold them (The 'boro or Savannah), but it seems like the hotels have a pretty high booking rate most of the year. I may be wrong about all year, but in the spring it is usually packed, at least on the weekends.
    That's true. I was mostly talking about where the new hotels would make money mostly though. I guess they could shut down the "lower" hotels. We don't have that many soccer games a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Hotels everywhere raise their rates to maximize their revenues over "event" periods. The Statesboro hotels have to take advantage of their opportunities when they can as these are few and far between. Maximizing their revenues during peak time periods such as football weekends, graduation, orientation and other University related events provide all, not most, of the properties here with much needed revenues. Bulloch County has very few corporate businesses that drive occupancy to our Hotels. GSU, the Hospital, and a few other large corporations don't provide enough year round business to jusitfy more hotels. Having worked in the Hospitality Industry for 35 years and during that time managed 3 Statesboro hotels I can tell you they are hurting financially.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson ~~

4. Default Re: Statesboro Hotels for App State Game

Quote Originally Posted by BoroNative View Post
    To me it's not the number of rooms, but we need a nicer hotel. I was hoping the new Hampton, would be a Hilton Garden Inn. I'm a Hilton Honors Diamond member for many years, and I can tell you, many many travelers like having a restaurant in the hotel, so I stay at Holiday Inn Express when I"m in a hotel in the boro. Besides, Emma's is one of the best restaurants in the boro!
    Jason Scarborough, the executive chef at Emma's, just opened a new resto downtown in the same space that used to be Blue Moon (where he started out). If you like Emma's, check out 40 East Grill next time you're in town.