TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RAC Lot

Default Re: RAC Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor23 View Post
    I just wish people would show some common courtesy. But I guess that is a little too much to ask for some.
    I don't know if you're referring to Paulson or the RAC, but I have that same request for the Paulson lot.

Let's just say my first day parking in Paulson was MUCH LESS than desirable.

Eventually, we gave up on using two of our spots and moved on to everyone squeezed into one.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Why? For the price you pay, there should be NO problems...

Quote Originally Posted by gsu_paintballer View Post
    I don't know if you're referring to Paulson or the RAC, but I have that same request for the Paulson lot.

Eventually, we gave up on using two of our spots and moved on to everyone squeezed into one.
    Doyle Clifton, Beaufort, SC
    RFGTG

That inhales vigorously that you had an issue. I've never had even as much as a hiccup in our area. Either with my parking spot or the LTG. What happened at yours?
    The things that come to those who wait will be the scraggly junk left by those who got there first.

If everyone does their assignments, nobody can stop us. The only people that can stop us is Georgia Southern.-Teddy Craft

Quote Originally Posted by kennesaweagle View Post
    That inhales vigorously that you had an issue. I've never had even as much as a hiccup in our area. Either with my parking spot or the LTG. What happened at yours?
    Our "friendly neighbors" had essentially taken over our two spots when we arrived. I was behind the other vehicle in my party, so I don't know how quickly they eventually cleared out, but even then they were basically hanging out in our area. We gave up on it and let them do their thing.

I'm in hopes of being able to speak with someone at the GSUAF and make a change.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Our "friendly neighbors" had essentially taken over our two spots when we arrived. I was behind the other vehicle in my party, so I don't know how quickly they eventually cleared out, but even then they were basically hanging out in our area. We gave up on it and let them do their thing.

I'm in hopes of being able to speak with someone at the GSUAF and make a change.
    I hope you took down the spot numbers of the offending parties for when you call about the issue. I have seen others out in the reserved lot taking up more than their assigned space. It is a shame that people can't stay out of the areas they are not paying for. It seems that they think it is fair game if no one is there yet.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    I hope you took down the spot numbers of the offending parties for when you call about the issue. I have seen others out in the reserved lot taking up more than their assigned space. It is a shame that people can't stay out of the areas they are not paying for. It seems that they think it is fair game if no one is there yet.
    Agreed. And once they "sprawl", it's difficult to rope them back in. Fortunately, I've got some good "neighbors" up on my row. My only problem this week was when I got there, the "middle line" on row F (the long line splitting the "front" from the "back" spots on a row) was totally not apparent. You can kinda eyeball it, but I noticed it was pretty evident on most other rows.
    But Paintballer, I hate you had that problem. Paying to be in the Paulson lot should make problems disappear, but somehow there are still just enough people out there that have no respect for others. It's all about "them" and theirs.

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

I do not think the lot is sold out so you may be able to move. We had thought about moving this year to another spot but really like where we are at. Have nice neighbors just have to contend with a tree in spot and low branches. Still do not understand why a charge isn't being done for all parking - even at RAC. It would be a way to raise additional revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by SeEagle View Post
    I do not think the lot is sold out so you may be able to move. We had thought about moving this year to another spot but really like where we are at. Have nice neighbors just have to contend with a tree in spot and low branches. Still do not understand why a charge isn't being done for all parking - even at RAC. It would be a way to raise additional revenue.
    Well every other school in the country can take over lots of gameday but GSU apparently since athletics does not own the lot. Just another lame excuse. App State doesn't have any issues with taking over lots on gameday. Athletics doesn't own cermaics or the union lot, but people are allowed to freely park there on gameday.

Honestly I think it's more of a supply/demand issue. Right now Paulson isn't sold out so the administration doesn't feel there is a need to charge for other lots.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

"Like a good neighbor, paintball is there....", sing along everyone, Like a good neighbor.....catchy...

We've been fortunate not to run across any problems tailgating. Our spots are next to a frat, but I've never had a problem with them. I don't have a clue what frat it even is, but it was the same couple guys who set up every week and were the ones "in charge" and they were nothing but respectful of us and our stuff last year. So it's easy to deal with any problems that could arise when you have courteous people in charge of a group like that. It probably also helps that our group was in their shoes not too long ago and about once a year we decide to pretend that we are still in their shoes (that doesn't end well). We don't make it to every game, but when we do we are usually out there pretty early. So if the bulk of their people get there and we aren't there yet I have no problem with them spreading out into our spots because it means that we probably aren't coming. I've even told them that before.

However if there ever was a problem with them or anybody else sprawling out into our area uninvited then it would definitely be taken up right then and there.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.