TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Parking and Tailgating for BAMA

Default Parking and Tailgating for BAMA

Where is everyone parking for the game? Is anyone tailgating at a certain area? Alumni Tailgate? Trying to get everything set the trip over there

Default Re: Parking and Tailgating for BAMA

From the VP of Auxilary Services (and a neighbor of mine)

Dear Georgia Southern Fans,

The University of Alabama is excited to host your Georgia Southern Eagles on Saturday, November 19.
    As I’m sure you are aware, there are many logistical issues that come with football game days. We would like your help in making sure the Georgia Southern fan base is aware of our rules and regulations. We have a great website, www.uagameday.com, and it is filled with up to date information about traffic, parking, tailgating and RV parking. Let me give you a few highlights:
    • On-campus RV parking is sold out, but our Northington RV lot, beside University Mall off of McFarland Blvd is available. This is a free, first come, first serve lot.
    • Public parking is available on the east side of campus near the Rec Center and the Medical Center. It is $30/vehicle in paved lots. You can purchase a paved lot parking pass online and print the pass at home for $25. Grass parking is also available on the east side of campus for $20 on a first come/first serve basis. The Crimson Ride transit system serves this area and drops fans off at the Quad, just two blocks from Bryant Denny Stadium. These shuttles begin running at 7 a.m. on game day and run for 90 minutes post game.
    • The Georgia Southern alumni tent is near the Medical Center and tennis courts off of
    5th Avenue. East.
    • Parking for people with disabilities is on a first come/first serve basis as well. We have three lots near the stadium and a parking deck/surface lot off of Campus Drive for $30.00 on game day that is served by buses to the stadium. The shuttles to the stadium will begin 3 hours prior to kickoff.
    • There is off-site parking in downtown Tuscaloosa and at University Mall. Both of these areas provide shuttles to and from the stadium.
    • Tailgating is regulated on the Quad and the rules for set up are found at www.uagameday.com.
    • If you are traveling through Birmingham stay off I-459 and take 20/59 all the way.
    • You can also be a fan of us on Facebook by searching UA Gameday or you can follow us at Twitter for up-to-the-minute game day information at @uagameday.

Please forward this information to others that you know might be interested and those who are attending the game. If you have any game day related questions, please contact us at (205) 348-2044 or info@uagameday.com.

Default Re: Parking and Tailgating for BAMA

There is a lot of student houses near the stadium. Usually the charge $20-$40 for parking in their yards. The vehicles are safe, though it may take a while to get out after the game.

Most tailgating goes on on the 'Quad.' I will be there near the 'Mound' with about 20-30 GSU fans. If you say those two words to any Bama fan, they know what you are talking about.