TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Generators

Default Re: Generators

My experiece is about 2 hours with one stand alone car battery charged up. you can string say three together & add time. Just wire all Hot leads together and then all negatives together. Should give you about 6 hours that way. This is only if you cant hook it to battery installed in vehicle (we used to have 3 batteries in one big plastic tote/ all wired like this with a hole in lid for ext cord. each battery should give you 2hrs) OR - like I said before: One battery all day/no charginging if you leave engine idleing and gator clip inverter - really the best way imop. (DO NOT WIRE CAR BATT.s END TO END MEANING NEG TO POSITIVE THEN NEG TO POSITIVE - THAT WILL PRODUCE 36 VOLTS INSTEAD OF 12 and fry your equipment)

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglerado View Post
    My experiece is about 2 hours with one stand alone car battery charged up. you can string say three together & add time. Just wire all Hot leads together and then all negatives together. Should give you about 6 hours that way. This is only if you cant hook it to battery installed in vehicle (we used to have 3 batteries in one big plastic tote/ all wired like this with a hole in lid for ext cord. each battery should give you 2hrs) OR - like I said before: One battery all day/no charginging if you leave engine idleing and gator clip inverter - really the best way imop. (DO NOT WIRE CAR BATT.s END TO END MEANING NEG TO POSITIVE THEN NEG TO POSITIVE - THAT WILL PRODUCE 36 VOLTS INSTEAD OF 12 and fry your equipment)
    So all for the electrically inclined people out there, he means rig them in parallel, not in series

I was thinking about getting a powerpack like this: http://www.duracellpower.com/portabl...rpack-600.aspx

That one is on amazon right now for $100. Says it can run a laptop for 5-7 hours (ESPN3 anyone?)...
    "If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

Dusty Fowler
    I.T./B.Mgmt.
    GSUAF Member
    P69 - Section 108

Quote Originally Posted by Ralze34 View Post
    I was thinking about getting a powerpack like this: http://www.duracellpower.com/portabl...rpack-600.aspx

That one is on amazon right now for $100. Says it can run a laptop for 5-7 hours (ESPN3 anyone?)...
    Waste of $ unless you are just looking for a glorified Jump Box. Just do a internet search for a power inverter....you should be able to find a 700 watt or so for less than $100 these days. You can run a extension cord off them if you are afraid of not being able to get too far from your vehicle. Seriously, if you have a good battery and are not trying to run a microwave you don't have to start your car all that much to keep your battery charged up.