TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I-16 Traffic - One Lane

Default I-16 Traffic - One Lane

Those traveling from Atlanta should plan according for traffic. Went to Hilton Head last weekend and sat at mile marker 30ish for about 45 min-hr as it is one lane after that (People don't know how to merge). Don't know how long the construction is to last.

It is also one-way going westbound when you come home.

We are taking 441 to dublin to get past the construction. Mileage is no different just a little extra time going through lights.

I believe there is also bad construction on 75 in Macon this weekend.

Good luck! See yall at the Game!

Default Re: I-16 Traffic - One Lane

Which is why I am glad I am taking 20 to Warrenton, Wrens, Waynesboro, Millen to the Boro. Regular traffic is bad enough with the trucks and people going 50 in the left lane blocking traffic.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by GSU2008ACCT View Post
    Those traveling from Atlanta should plan according for traffic. Went to Hilton Head last weekend and sat at mile marker 30ish for about 45 min-hr as it is one lane after that (People don't know how to merge). Don't know how long the construction is to last.

It is also one-way going westbound when you come home.

We are taking 441 to dublin to get past the construction. Mileage is no different just a little extra time going through lights.

I believe there is also bad construction on 75 in Macon this weekend.

Good luck! See yall at the Game!
    The construction along I-75 isn't a problem (yet) ... both lanes are open in both directions. They aren't at a point where they are closing off exits ... that project is about 40% complete.

For those worrried about getting stuck on I-16, you can hop off I-16 at the Allentown exit, go North on GA 112, then go east on US 80 (GA 19). That part of 80 doesn't get too far away from the interstate. I think the Allentown exit is prior to where that roadwork is.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Now this project, slated to begin in 2018, will be a 100% mess.

http://www.i16i75.com/
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

In my opinion, the construction on 16 didn't affect traffic that badly (I went down Friday night, though). Coming back wasn't bad either, although 75 in Macon was a mess when it narrowed down to one lane- yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Now this project, slated to begin in 2018, will be a 100% mess.

http://www.i16i75.com/
    Yup. And I take the 16-75 corridor to work every day where I live now. I'll be going a different route for sure once that kicks in.
    "Officially" designated as the GSUFans Vigilante Moderator.

WTH do they have several miles of barrels out around the big sports warehouse thing going east bound before the other construc zone near Dudley/Dexter?????????????? I went thru Fri about noon-noon 30, no trucks,no workers, no nothing. Just miles of Barrels.One lane. It's bad enough that they have been working on the Dud/ Dex for years, but now this? REALLY psses me off!

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Which is why I am glad I am taking 20 to Warrenton, Wrens, Waynesboro, Millen to the Boro. Regular traffic is bad enough with the trucks and people going 50 in the left lane blocking traffic.
    I travel through the construction zone on I-16 all the time and I have never had any problems. But my wife has been stuck in it on a couple occasions. So I think it's hit or miss. But when it comes to going to Statesboro I will never take 75 to 16 again (although I've got maybe 1 trip left in me from Atlanta). I will forever go the route you take from now on. I made it from Atlanta to Millen in just under 3 hours a couple months ago and I was barely going over the speed limit. I think I could make it in 3:15 to Statesboro if I was trying to make good time.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I travel through the construction zone on I-16 all the time and I have never had any problems. But my wife has been stuck in it on a couple occasions. So I think it's hit or miss. But when it comes to going to Statesboro I will never take 75 to 16 again (although I've got maybe 1 trip left in me from Atlanta). I will forever go the route you take from now on. I made it from Atlanta to Millen in just under 3 hours a couple months ago and I was barely going over the speed limit. I think I could make it in 3:15 to Statesboro if I was trying to make good time.
    That route can be a little scary with the deer and other obstacles on a late night, but I have gone that way several times. I drove back last night and didn't hit any speedbumps the whole way through. It was one lane on I-16, I-75 in macon, and the I-285 debacle.
    “Show me a good and gracious loser, and I’ll show you a failure.” Knute Rockne-Notre Dame
    “Always remember….. Goliath was a 40 point favorite over David.” Shug Jordan- Auburnhttps://statesboroherald.static.anvilcms.net/media/images/2018/09/18/images/Erk_Russell_.max-1200x675.jpg

The best part about the Waynesboro, Wrens, Millen route - less cops!! We've gone whole seasons without seeing a single cop. You just need to be smart though the towns when the speed limit lowers. Otherwise it's 70 the whole way with no traffic. It's easy to pass the speed limit drivers.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"